3 | Meeting

I was feeling so good

I was feeling so good. I played good, and I know I looked good.

And I noticed she was watching.

The girl from the hallway.

The moment we locked eyes, I was mesmerized.

Her deep brown eyes, long curly brown hair and plump reddish lips, had me captivated. I couldn't look away.

After the game she was no where to be found. I assumed she just went home. Right when I hit the locker room the whole team was telling me to come to the celebration party. I couldn't say no.

I didn't mind going, but my mind kept leading me back to the girl from the hallway.

.

"Yoo Dixon you good bruh? You've been movin weird since we got here" Ajax asks me. I look up and nod, "I'm blessed don't worry". He nods his head then sips his drink.

This party was live I can't lie. People from other cities were here.

Tyrell and Javon come up to me and Ajax and we all start talking. "I made you look good out there Dixon" Tyrell says with a cocky grin.

Tyrell is the quarter back. He's one of my close friends since birth.

Somebody seriously needs to humble him though.

"Ty don't play games, you lucky I catch your shitty passes. I make yo ass look good" Ajax and Javon start to laugh. Tyrell smiles, "Naw we both know that's cap."

Ajax cuts into the conversation and talks about our next game.

I zone out and look around the party.

There's people dancing on tables, playing beer pong and even on the couch rolling joints.

As I'm looking around I see her.

The girl from the hallway.

She's beautiful.

She looks almost lost. She didn't strike me for much of a party girl, and she wasn't dressed like all the girls at this party who pretty much wore nothing.

She looks up and we lock eyes. Again I face those big brown eyes, I can't look away. I want her. Bad.

I see her turn red and look away.

I'm snapped out of my trance when Javon hits my arm. "Dixon? Did you hear what I said?"

Shit.

"Naw my fault. What're you sayin?"

"Look at gingy ova there" He points to the girl beside her, "She's toooo fine bro" I laugh and tell him to go spit some game. "I'm bout to, imma bag dat tonight"