Chapter 17

(Amber's POV)

So, the next day at school, it was kind of awkward, with Olly suspended and Alex and Mark not being friends. I didn't even know that I thought that they would at least still talk to each other. Right now, they hate each other, and can't even look at the other in the halls.

Mark just told me that he was being a jerk to everyone, but that doesn't seem like him. Not for as long as I've known him. Though Mark might know him better. I'm not sure.

Home was better... it felt more normal. Mark would tease me and I would yell at him, like normal siblings, it wasn't like we hated each other... who would hate their sibling? I mean actually hate because sometimes we just stay we hate the other but not mean it.

"So whatcha doing?" I asked Mark after school. I was bored.

"Trying to call Olly, I haven't seen him at school... because of his suspension so I'm just calling.

"I guess... So, is he not answering?"

"No one is..."

"So do you want to do something... sense no one's home."

"Sure I guess, what did you have in mind?"

"No idea, I'm just bored."

"Don't you have homework you need to do?"

I groand. "Maybe."

"Go do it."

"Fine..." I left him be and worked on my incredibly useless and boring homework.

The next day at school, it was just as boring as ever, Math lasted forever like normal, same with most of my classes. Lunch was fine and then the afternoon was the same as the morning. So a normal day well until after school.

I was waiting for mom to pick us up, like normal. I was talking with Jackson and Gavin. Mark was just sitting nearby. And that's when trouble started.

Alex apparently just didn't want to leave us alone.

"Hey how are you guys?"

"Leave us alone." Mark growled.

"Why?"

"You know why." I really wasn't sure whose side to take. I mean Mark's my brother and Alex got Olly suspended, but Alex didn't look like he was trying anything, if anything he looked upset.

"Please just let me explain."

"Explain what?" Gavin asked.

"Yeah, what do you want to explain?" Mark added.

"Mark just let him explain," I said. I was interested in what he wanted to explain.

"You really want him to explain?" Mark asked.

"I mean why not?"

"Fine," he muttered.

"Thank you Amber." he said. "Ok first I came to apologize, maybe Olly was right I guess I was insulting his sister."

"Why would you do that?" I asked. "Olivia's a good person."

"Yeah..." He muttered. "I know... I didn't actually know who his sister was until yesterday."

"You shouldn't insult people you don't know." Jackson told him.

"I know, I know. That's why I'm apologizing."

"Well don't tell us to go tell Olly and Olivia."

"I was going to but when I got to his house no one was home."

"So that's why no one answered when Mark called," I muttered.

"Then wait until someone gets home. Problem solved." Mark said sarcastically.

"Well.. I'm worried that no one will."

"So you're finally caring for others." Mark muttered.

"Mark, be nice." I said.

"No, that's fine." Alex muttered. "I deserved that."

"But why would no one return?" Gavin asked.

"Well... you know why Olivia hasn't been coming to school, I just worried that the rest of Olly's family had the same thing happen to them."

"Wait." I'm confused. What does he mean? "What happened to her?"

"You don't know?"

"She's sick right?" Gavin asked. "That's what Olly said."

"I guess he's been lying to you guys."

"Really? So he told you the truth?" I asked.

"No, my mom told me what happened?"

"So what happened to her?" I asked.

Alex didn't speak, I'm not sure if he didn't want to tell us or if he just was unsure if he should tell us.

"You can tell us what happened,"

He inhaled. "Well apparently she went missing."

"WHAT?!"