Chapter Six

He started walking away to his room and motioned for me to join him. Shoto and I shared a glance before I started to follow him with my cleaning supplies in my hands. His room was in the far back of the house so we were able to pass a few of the other rooms. Fuyumi was in her room listening to music and studying whereas there was another room that we passed that had the smell of incense coming from inside the room making it fairly obvious that Endeavour was in there.

When we got into Natsuo's room he opened the door and held it open and had me walk in first. After going inside himself he wound up locking the door behind us. Why's he doing all of this? Usually when he wants me to clean his room he just tells me so. He doesn't do all of this. Something's up.

He turns around and heads over to where his bed is and sits on it. Once he's sat down he stares at me and then pulls out his phone and goes on it scrolling through something. I took that as my que to start cleaning. I pulled out the duster and started dusting first.

As I was cleaning I caught Natsuo glancing over at me multiple times which was slightly disconcerting but I didn't mention anything. It wasn't until I was almost done mopping his wooden floors that he said anything to me.

"Midoriya, what's up with you and Shotou?" He asked annoyedly.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I mean you two seem so... close. Much closer than most maids and the people they're working for are." He stated, putting his phone down.

"And? What's the problem with that?" I asked, lifting up one of my eyebrows.

"The problem with that is that he's my little brother and I need to look after him. If anything happens to him then everything is going to be hell for everyone in the house." He says.

"Nothings going to happen to him because he talks to me. There's nothing wrong with idle banter Natsuo."

"Yes there is. When it's a person like you than yes the fuck there is." He snapped.

"What makes me so horrible that it's bad for Shotou to talk to me?"

"Hina, you get into fights all the time and are a blatant and irrational person." He was pointing to my bandaged hands as well as some of the bruises and scrapes on my legs.

"Natsuo, don't even think about going there." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh? Why not? Somebody feeling bad about the fact that I'm calling them out on their shit?" He sneered.

I laughed. I don't choose to fight. I'm forced to fight. And there's a very big difference between the two. There are people out there who would say things like 'No, you still have a choice' or 'if you don't want to fight then just don't fight'. All of the people that think this are dead wrong.

"Trust me when I say that isn't my fault Natsuo. It's not like I want to be in a fight for my life. Nobody wants to be in that sort of situation. To be honest, I have absolutely no clue how heroes do it. Putting their lives on the line for others all the time. Choosing to fight knowing that if something goes south they could easily lose their lives or have their lives forever altered." I barked.

"You're just saying that sort of shit because you have no excuse for the fact that you clearly can't fight. I mean, compared to others you have no chance in a fight. You've got no quirk. And ultimately, the only thing you would be good for is exactly what you're doing, serving others."

He started walking over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He was looking at me with his head turned slightly to the side with a strange look in his eyes. I wasn't sure what the look was. If it was hate, spite, superiority, I had never seen it look like that before. It looked almost pure whilst at the same time holding a horrid evil behind them.

"You know, if you wanted, I could teach you how to defend yourself." He smirked.

"I'm good, thanks." I responded trepidatiously.

I didn't trust his sudden mood change. He went from silent anger, to voicing his opinions, to now being mysterious and weird. It was disconcerting.

"Oh come on, just one little lesson?" He implored.

At this point I was too nervous of what he would do to me if I said anything other than yes so I just obliged to doing a lesson with him. Besides, he's the number two pro hero kid. Endeavour must've taught him a thing or two about self defence.

"Alright, fine. But only one." I say.

"Nice. Then let's start."

"We're doing it here?" I questioned.

"I kinda figured that we would go somewhere else. I mean, your room is kind of small."

"No, here's fine. Now, show me your fighting stance." He said sternly.

Natsuo was standing right in front of me and I got into my fighting stance. I planted my feet at a forty-five degree angle away from where he was standing. I then put both of my hands into fists. My right arm was across my body and my left arm was pointed directly at Natsuo.

"Here, I'm gonna move your arms so that they're in a better position." He took hold of both of my arms making me flinch back.

"But this is-"

"You're alright."

He moved my hands from their position and put them both out, slightly covering my face. He stepped back. Then, I felt a sharp pain surging through my body. He had struck me with a one-two punch. One hitting my chest and the other skillfully hitting both of my hands knocking them into my face.

I took two steps back, doubled over, and started coughing. When I was down he lifted up my chin and kneed me square in the face. My eyesight started to become a bit hazy and I could feel blood starting to drip down from my nose. I wiped the blood off of my nose and started walking over to the now blurry door.

After two steps towards the door he got in front of me and blocked the door. He put his hands onto my shoulders and leaned over so he could whisper into my ear.

"You see, you're weak." He whispered.

I looked up at him and he had a smug look on his face. Suddenly, I didn't see Natsuo standing in front of me. I saw Bakugou. I was frozen again; scared. But that fear soon turned to something else. My vision became clear again and I saw something from out of the corner of my eyes.

Scissors.

I ran to the desk and grabbed the scissors in my hands and then glared at the person who was in front of me. He was Natsuo. I knew he was. But something about him reminded me of Bakugou right now. I wasn't thinking anymore. I just acted.