09: you're the warmth i still crave

much to jisung's slight disappointment, minho had not asked him out on a date. instead, it would be just an outing where minho had invited him for some drinks with his... friends.

those friends. at that, jisung almost refused. it seemed that minho had sensed his hesitation and he followed up with 'ik u guys havnt met in the best terms. promise they r better than tht. u cn stl say no tho.' and while jisung almost had to squint his eyes reading through his ex's poor typing style, he had responded with an 'ok.' but there had to be an exception.

jisung had to be allowed to bring his own friends with him. he just had to. he couldn't even imagine showing up to the bar all by himself, especially after what happened when they had first saw him. he didn't have the courage or confidence to even try and show up alone.

so he'd bring seungmin. changbin, too, since he still owed him for partially helping him when his heat had hit. it'd be good for him and his friends to bond together since he hadn't necessarily been out and about in a while. god, it was tiring and nerve-racking to go out and the fact that it was is upsetting.

jisung wants to enjoy himself tonight and he will, without the worry of thinking the worse will happen to him.

"can you please stay still? we are already ten minutes behind because you just had to sleep through the impossible."

"it's not my fault i sleep like a rock," jisung pouts, looking up through his eyelashes at seungmin who draws the faintest trace of liner across jisung's eyelid.

"you were the one who forced me out of my house when i could be watching volume two of fucking stranger things four with a nice cup of hot tea; but you just had to ruin my plans i guess. jesus. my friends are going to spoil everything now."

"i'm sorry," jisung whines. "i swear i will make it up to you but i just want you to come... you're as big of a home body as me and it was about time we went out together."

seungmin gives him a narrowed look. "do you even know these people we're supposedly 'hanging with'?"

"no... but i swear! they all look nice, it's just— it's just that... like half of the group is alpha dominant— which is why—"

"oh god, you're trying to kill me," seungmin clicks his tongue, pulling back from his friend's face with a sigh. "i have to bathe myself in lemon body soap tonight if i have to sit around all those disgusting, futile alphas."

"they're not disgusting! minho is not disgusting..." jisung looks off to the side as he trails off.

"yeah yeah," seungmin dismissed him with a teasing glint in his eye. he nods at his work on jisung and starts putting away all the light makeup he used. "so what time are we getting that changmin guy?"

"changbin," jisung corrects. "and as soon as we're both finished. we're out of here."

"okay. what the hell are we waiting for then?"

-

"hello changmin."

jisung groans and slumps against the steering wheel. changbin gives seungmin a confused look before getting into the back seats.

"hi..?"

"i told you— changbin, not changmin. dumbass," jisung hisses under his breath. seungmin shrugs, looking over at the male in the backseat.

"i'm seungmin. before we go, i want to tell you to kindly please refrain from stinking up the car with your foul particles."

"seungmin, i am this close to kicking you out." jisung rubs his face before he turns to face his friend in the back, an apologetic smile on his face. "hyung, don't worry about him. he's just kidding."