The Traitor

Chapter 4

Pedro awoke by someone violently shaking her whole body. She looked up to see Alto looking down at her with pure terror upon her face.

"What is it?" Pedro asked quickly.

"It's the Mules their here."

"Pedro what do we do?' asked Dimple from where she sat.

"It's simple, we hide."

"I know just the spot." Alto says hope creeping onto her features.

Pedro and Dimple jumped out of bed running with Alto to what looked like a cellar.(Alto raises grapes and turns them to wine for her profession/ Got make money some how)Alto lifted a barrel of wine producing a small latch on the ground. Alto pried the door up bring a whirlwind of dust with her.

"Get in." she screamed.

Pedro hesitated

"NO, let me come with you to get the girls."

"There's no time! Please don't let our mothers death be in vain."

This got to Pedro making her nod her head in submission. She and Dimple then jumped into the mysterious door watching as Alto closed the door softly. Minutes went by making Pedro more anxious, she become so paranoid as her minds filled with all the "If's". What if Alto was shot, what if the girls are already dead, what if they find Dimple and I. Her train of thought was cut short by sudden footsteps coming down the stairs. Pedro pulled out her gun and made a motion to Dimple, who was bawling, to be quiet. The footsteps silenced, as they were right over our heads. The latch door opened bringing bright light with it.

"Pedro?" it was Firecracker.

"Yes, it is us. Where is your mother." Pedro asked in utter relief

"She is on her way." She states as she hovers over the door.

"Well then what are you waiting for jump in!"

"No, I'm waiting for mother." She states simple

Suddenly more footsteps come from the stairs. They only problem was there were more than one. Pedro whisper screamed for firecracker to get in the pit. She just shakes her head and states.

"Don't let our deaths be in vain."

"NO!"

She then slams the trap door down on Pedro pushing something over so the men would not see the door.

"Hurry up I can hear something moving down there." An unknown voice states

Pedro then can hear guns being loaded and the men enter the room moving wine barrel after barrel. Pedro quickly runs over to Dimple who is whimpering placing a hand over her mouth to silence her.

"We know you're their Pedro. Come out now and we will consider not killing you family members." The unknown voice states

Pedro knows it's a lie but wished with all her heart that it were true so none of her family would have to endure this. Pedro heard the shoes of the man retreat to stand by the stairs.

"I thought you said she would be her." The man bit out harshly to someone

"s-s-she was h-h-er s-s-sir!"

"You lie! For this you will pay Senerita!"

Pedro's heart stopped for a few beats. It could not be, how could her own family tuner her into the Mules. To say Pedro was shocked would be a understatement, but she could not focus on this betrayal due to another unknown voice screaming,

"Boss, I've got one! Is this her sir?"

NO, spare her." Senrita screamed
"This one can die first." The unknown voice stated calmly.
In this moment Pedro realized that the unknown man had found Firecracker