Chapter Three

Sure enough, Meredith and Addison woke up late that night (or should I say early morning) with cricks in their necks and knotted limbs.

Meredith had woken first and yawned and stretched before waking Addison and leading her upstairs to her bedroom.

Addison had given up a fight and said that she could go, but meredith put her worries at ease when she told her it was far too late and she would be far too tired to drive.

"I can stay in cristinas' room if you would feel more comfortable," meredith smiled.

"No, it's okay, you're cuddly, and it's been a while since I've been cuddled properly,"

"I am not," meredith replied defensively.

"are too"

"All right, but just don't tell Cristina, she would never stop teasing me," meredith smirked, pulling addison in for a hug.

"You know I really want to kiss you right now, but I want the moment to be perfect," addison whispered, "like it was a few days ago."

"Me too," meredith breathed "hopefully next we won't get interrupted,"

"Yeah, but right now I'm tired. Do you have any pyjamas I could borrow?"

"Yeah, of course," meredith said, pulling away from the hug and rummaging through her drawers for an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Thank you," addison smiled limply, and meredith turned around as she began to change. "You don't have to turn around, you know?" addison chuckled.

"I thought it would make you more comfortable, and besides, I want to save seeing you naked for a later date," meredith bit her bottom lip as she faced the wall.

"Oh really? And what will we be doing at this later date, grey?" addison asked as she snaked her arms around Meredith's waist.

"Well, you'll be lying on my bed," meredith started. Her voice was low and husky and she could tell addison was enjoying her story telling already "and I'll crawl on top of you and cuddle you" meredith chuckled earning a playful swat on the arm from addison.

Addison removed her arms from around Meredith's waist and led her over to the bed where meredith lifted the blanket and crawled underneath patting the spot beside her.

Addison crawled in after her and meredith wrapped her arms around the redhead before gently kissing the top of her head.

"Sweet dreams, addie," meredith whispered to the already asleep redhead.

******

A knock sounded at merediths door early the next morning, followed by the voice of her best friend shouting "meredith get up, callie wants to check out your arm."

"coming," meredith grunted, still half asleep. She stood up carefully, removing the still asleep Addison's arms from around her waist.

"heyyy guyys," meredith said slightly suspiciously as she closed the bedroom door behind her.

"You okay, grey?" callie asked.

"Never been better," came Meredith's reply as she urged everyone down the hallway and down the stairs far away from the secret hidden inside her bedroom.

"I could have just examined it in your room if you wanted," callie suggested.

"NO!" meredith yelled."Here's fine. "

"Jeez, what's gotten into you?" cristina asked her person slightly, curious as to what she could be hiding up in her room.

"I'm just not sleeping well, that's all,"

"You sure you're not hiding something?" callie asked

"or someone," cristina said under her breath.

"Positive, now can you just check my arm so I can go back to bed." she knew that if they took any longer, there was a chance addison would wake and come down looking for her.

Callie and Cristina made light conversation while callie checked Meredith's arm but meredith wasn't in the mood so she just stuck to her everlasting thoughts of getting back to the redhead that was currently asleep in her bed.

"I've good news." callie smiled. "You get to go back to work straight away."

"Oh, thank god," cristina breathed. "I thought I would have to deal with Satan on my own. You know how she is."

Callie gave cristina a warning look, but meredith piped up to defend her, whatever she was to her. "Stop calling her that cristina her name is addison!"

Callie and Cristina shared the same 'I knew it' look as meredith stormed off upstairs to where they both presumed addison lay waiting.

"thanks callie" meredith shouted down from the stairs as she ascended.

"No problem, grey."

When meredith returned to her room, she was glad to see addison was still asleep. She looked so gentle wrapped up in Meredith's  duvet her hair a mess, and her hands lay under her head in a way that meredith couldn't help but wonder if she ever really did hate the woman.

She decided she didn't, and it was a miscommunication of feelings that had caused her to snap at the redhead. Happy with her decision, she climbed into the bed once again and wrapped her arms tightly around addison.

Everything felt so comfortable and domestic with the other woman. In fact, she was unsure she had ever felt this, comfortable around anyone in her whole life. Well, I mean, there was Cristina, of course, but that was different. Her relationship with Cristina was strictly platonic and always would be, which she was happy about.

She noticed addison stirring, and a smile spread across her face. Damn, she had it bad.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," meredith whispered.

"Good morning," addison said, turning around to face meredith.

Their eyes connected, and meredith leaned closer to Addison. "I'm going to kiss you now," she smiled.

"Okay," addison nodded. A smile spread across her face as well, and meredith leaned in closer and closer until their lips connected.

Meredith felt a shock of electricity run down her spine, and Addison's heart beat so fast she thought it might explode. Finally, they thought finally we get a kiss and an uninterrupted one at that.

They pulled apart, gasping for breath as they lay face to face "that was-" meredith started.

"Perfect?"

"perfect"

Meredith ran her fingers up and down addison arm as they both smiled dotingly at each other "guess what?" meredith asked.

"What?"

"I get to go back to work tomorrow," she smiled, and Addison's eyes lit up.

"You do?" she asked excitedly, and meredith nodded her head."I've missed seeing you around the hospital, "

"You have?"

"Of course," addison smirked. "You look all hot and bossy in your navy scrubs."

"Oh, really?" meredith smirked, pulling addison in for another kiss "well tomorrow why don't we have lunch together?"

"That would be great."

Well, there you go, not one but two kisses! Let me know your thoughts and whether or not you would like a fourth chapter.

I'm not sure where I would take it, but if you guys wanted it, I would be more than willing to give it a shot.

Bye for now xx