Thirty Five

Just write, Ashley, it's not that hard. Just write something. Just do it. Come up with some bullshit and do it. Just write. Do it. Ashley, it's not that hard, just write something. Just write more filler to keep them satisfied until you actually have some sort of filling content. Lol, just write, Ashley, you dumb fuck.

Warning:
Mature Themes
Not Intended for Younger Audiences

Trigger Warning:
Diluc :P

Silent tears stream down my face as I hold the hot spot boiling from Diluc's hand. Diluc forced me to enter the tavern and is keeping me up on the third floor, one which is held behind lock and key. I can hear the sounds of so many people laughing and drinking downstairs. I can't help but lazily rest my head on the floor boards, trying to hear more of the conversations going on down below me.

"did you see that girl? why was she crying?"

"i don't know, but she was kinda cute. shit! diluc is glaring at us."

"do you think that his girl or some'n?"

"who knows."

"Th-They saw me? And did-didn't say an-an-anythin-anything?!" I whisper scream, my heart feeling like it's being torn in two. "S-So... No one act-actually care ab-abou-about me."

I can't help but feel myself curl into the fetal position, wanting nothing more than to disappear from the world. Why is the world so cruel to those with disabilities? Mine is nothing to dramatic, of course, but I still feel such jealousy to those who can do whatever they want with nothing stopping them.

Those who can walk don't understand the lame.

Those who can see don't understand the blind.

Those who can speak don't understand the dumb.

Those who can hear don't understand the deaf.

Amputees, crippled, diseased, impoverished... no one understands them. This world is truly an unfair one.

I should be grateful, shouldn't I? I'm from a moderately wealthy family with both parents still together. I am technically the heir to my family name and am engaged/married to someone with wealth and power. I posses a vision by the god I worship. The only minor inconvenience is my stutter... and the fact I'm slow.

I'm so slow mentally. I have the brain capacity of a toddler. I can barely have a coherent thought. I don't understand such simple concepts, at least, that's what I was taught to believe. I was taught that I would never be good enough, I would never measure up to James, that I'm a failure. The only purpose of me is to be sold off through marriage bonds. Become a trophy wife; just for show.

The stinging pain in my face brings me back to the present, grounding me back to the world around me. I slowly open my eyes to see that the world outside has gone dark once again. Did I really fall asleep? Did I just space out for several hours? Who knows, I'm too much of an idiot to remember.

A sudden feeling of dread chills my body as I feel the approaching rumble of footstep ascending the wooden stairway. The soft sound of a lock clicking open reaches my ears, forcing paralysis to shock my body. A pooling nauseous sensation stew in the pit of my stomach.

"It's time to go home, my love. Did you have enough time to realize what you did was wrong?"

I remain quiet, staying still curled upon the dusty attic floor. I can feel his burning gaze seeping into my flesh and into my bone.

"(Y/n)."

I remain as quiet as I can.

"(Y/n)? Can you hear me?"

I can't help but keep my eyes shut out of fear.

"Awe..." he coos, "I'm sorry, you must have fallen asleep. I should bring a bed up here just for you~ Here, up we go."

I can feel the approaching warmth of Diluc's pyro energy body surrounding mine. He tucks his arms under my shoulder blades and my knees.

"Let's go home, my princess."

I'd rather kill myself