Chapter 2: Texts from Y/N

Raven's POV

As I flew through the forest in my Corvid form, I was looking for anything that could help me lead to Y/N. After a few more hours, I saw Qrow fighting some Beowolves. After he defeated them, I returned to normal and approached him. "I know you're there, Raven," said Qrow as he looked around. "You got me again, Qrow, how have you been doing?" I asked as I appeared in front of him. "Aside from drinking and flirting with Winter Schnee, nothing much," he said as he took a sip from his flask.

"I see, have you found Y/N yet?" I asked him. "Nothing yet, Raven. That little bugger sure chose a good hiding place," said Qrow. Just then, I felt my scroll go off. Looking at it, our eyes widened as it was a message from Y/N. It said, 'Raven Branwen, I'm only going to say this once. Stop looking for me. You and I are through forever, and nothing will make me change my mind. So stay the hell out of my way or I will deal with you myself,'.

After me and Qrow read it, we both gulped as I knew he wasn't kidding around as he did during our time in Beacon. "Oh boy, I knew Y/N liked to toy with us at Beacon, but I think he's serious this time around," said Qrow. "For once, I agree with you, Qrow," I said as I put my scroll away. "So, at least we know Y/N is alive, I'm sure Summer will be glad to hear that," said Qrow as he turned into his corvid form and flew away to tell Summer and Tai the news about her brother.

"Well, I have to head to the tribe, nice to see you again, Qrow," I said as I turned back into my corvid form and flew back to the Branwen Tribe. As I flew away, I couldn't help but worry about what Y/N said in his text. 'Y/N, I'm sorry about what I said to you. Please forgive me,' I thought as I approached the tribe. After I turned back into a human, I was welcomed by the other members. "Did you find Y/N yet?" asked Vernal as she approached me.

"Not yet, but he did send me a warning through my scroll," I said as I showed her the text that Y/N sent to me. After she read it, she started to worry as well. "Woah, that must have been a bad breakup between you and Y/N," said Vernal. "Yeah, but at least he's still alive," I said as we headed back into my tent. "Yeah, true, but if you keep looking for him, he's eventually going to kill you," said Vernal. 

"Hmmm, I wonder how he even knew I was looking for him?" I asked as I placed my mask on the table. "He must have been watching you from a safe distance if I had to guess," said Vernal as she sipped some tea. "Hiding in plain sight, like a sniper. That Y/N is up to his old tricks again," I said as I remembered when Y/N came out of nowhere and surprised me during our time in Beacon. But after our breakup, it hurts me to know that he wants nothing to do with me. But after I find him, I will try to make amends for him.

Qrow's POV

As I approached Summer and Tai's home, I spotted them playing with Yang and Ruby. As I turned to normal, I approached them. "Hey there, runts!" I said gathering their attention. "Hey, Uncle Qrow!" said Ruby as she ran and hugged me. "Hey, Qrow, what brings you here?" asked Summer. "Well, after I finished besting some Beowolves, I encountered Raven, but that's not all," I said. "What also happened?" asked Tai.

"After we talked for a little bit, we also got a message from your brother, Summer," I said, which made Summer's eyes widen. "W-What did he say?" she asked as confused looks appeared on Yang and Ruby's faces. "He said this, 'Raven Branwen, I'm only going to say this once. Stop looking for me. You and I are through forever, and nothing will make me change my mind. So stay the hell out of my way or I'll deal with you myself,'," I said as I repeated the message Y/N sent Raven.

Summer's eyes were now tearing up badly. She knew that her brother and Raven had a bad breakup, but she didn't think it would be this bad. "M-My b-brother said that?" she asked. "I'm afraid he did, Summer," I said. "So, mom, if this Y/N is your brother, does that mean he's our uncle?" asked Ruby. "Yes, Ruby, and he has the same hair and eye colour as we do," said Summer as she showed a picture of her brother to Yang and Ruby.