Chapter 4: Enter the Flaming Rose

Summer's POV

As I looked at Y/N, he looked like he had been through a lot since I last saw him. As I checked his heart rate, it was at a normal pace, but his breathing was heavy. "Please, Y/N, you got to wake up soon," I said as I continued to hold his hand tightly. As Tai walked in, he sighed. "He's still in the coma, huh?" he asked. "Look, Tai. I know you and Y/N aren't the best of friends, but you've got to realize that he still has a heart," I said.

"You're right, honey, but look at him! He almost looks like a homeless man!" said Tai. Looking at Y/N, Tai was right. His clothes were either ripped up or covered in mud, his eyes looked tired, and he even smelled like alcohol. "You're right, Tai. But he's still my brother!" I said. Suddenly, I felt the grip around his hand get tighter. Looking back at my brother, I saw he was starting to get up. "Urgh, why is everything so loud?" he asked. 

"Y/N! Thank Oum you're alive!" I said as I hugged him. "That voice, Summer?" he asked as he looked at me. That was when I slapped him. "What the hell is wrong with you, running away from Beacon?" I asked. "Listen, Summer, you know the reason why," he said. As I looked into his eyes, I noticed they were very dull in colour, almost grayish. "Just because your ex got together with someone else doesn't mean you have to run away!" I said as I looked at my brother in his eyes.

"Look, Summer, I had to run away. I wanted nothing to do with Raven," said Y/N as he crossed his arms. "Well, you could've at least shown up for the birth of Yang and Ruby," I said. "So I saw, but from a distance," he said while pouting. "So you do know about your nieces then?" I asked. "Yes, Summer, and trust me, only I want to spend time with Ruby," said Y/N. "It's because Yang reminds you of Raven isn't it?" I asked.

"You're damn right it is!" he said. "Y/N, you've got to make things up with Raven at some point!" I said.  "Like that's ever going to happen! She and I through forever, and nothing will ever make me change my mind!" said Y/N as he glared at me and Tai. It was at this point that Ruby came into the room. "U-Uncle Y/N?" asked Ruby. "Yes, Ruby, I'm your uncle and mom's younger brother," said Y/N.

Ruby's POV

As I looked at Uncle Y/N, I could tell that he looked a lot like me and Mom. He had the same hair and eye colour, so there was no doubt this was my uncle. "Look Ruby, I know what you're thinking, and I had to do it because I had to," said Uncle Y/N. "You weren't there for my birth because Yang reminded you of Aunt Raven isn't it?" I asked. "Yes, Ruby, she reminded me of my ex," he said.

"Y/N, I understand you want to forget about Raven, but what about Qrow?" asked Mom. "Who needs that drunk bastard?" asked Y/N. "Swear!" I said as I grabbed my jar "Y/N, is that how you treat the person who brought you here?" asked Mom. Uncle Y/N's eyes widen at that sentence. "Wait, what?" he asked. "Yes, Y/N, he brought you here after you passed out after defeating that Grimm Swarm in Vacuo," said Mom.

Y/N's POV

"Well, at least he's getting smarter," I said as I rolled my eyes. "Y/N, please, you need to talk to Raven and Qrow soon," said Tai. "Look here, Tai. I don't like you, and you don't like me. So just seeing you reminds me of Raven," I said as I glared at him. At this point, I saw Yang enter the room. "So you're my Uncle Y/N then?" she asked. "Yes I am, Yang Xiao Long, and your mom's ex-boyfriend," I said in a cold voice

"Wow, you and Mom must have had quite the breakup," she said. "Yeah, she and I would've been perfect together if it won't for that stupid tribe!" I said as I cursed the Branwen Tribe. "Please, Y/N, Raven misses you every day," said Summer. "I don't care, I want nothing to do with her," I said as I closed my eyes. "Look, Y/N, as much as you want to avoid Raven, you realize that you're breaking her feelings," said Tai.

As I took in what my family was saying, it soon hit to me. Raven was nowhere in sight, which is what I wanted after what she did to me. 'In your dreams, Raven. You and I are never getting back together after our breakup,' I thought as I smirked at the fact that I won't have to deal with my ex-girlfriend again. "Look, Uncle Y/N, I know you don't like my mom anymore, but you got to realize that she needs you," said Yang.

"Urgh, I haven't even been here a day and I'm already being reminded of the one woman I don't want to be with anymore," I said. "Anyways, Y/N, do you want to eat something?" asked Summer, which made my eyes widen. "Sure, why not?" I said. This made Summer smile. Her cooking always turned me up, and after not having it in years, it would make her happy. "Let me guess, you want some cookies, don't you?" asked Summer. "You know me all too well, Summer, so of course," I said.

Raven's POV

As I watched Summer head to the kitchen to make Y/N some cookies, I now knew what I needed to make Y/N my boyfriend again. 'That's it, cookies!' I thought as I headed back to the tribe. I remembered the only thing other than me that Y/N loved was nothing more than chocolate chip cookies. As I used my semblance to head back to the tribe, I saw that Vernal was waiting for me. "Found a way for Y/N to like you again?" she asked. 

"Yes, aside from me, the only other thing that Y/N loves is nothing other than chocolate chip cookies, so I need to get some for him," I said. "So Y/N loves to eat cookies? I'll tell the chiefs then," said Vernal as she went to tell the chiefs to make some cookies for Y/N. 'I hope you'll be able to forgive me once you lay your eyes on these cookies, Y/N Rose,' I thought as I hope the sight of these cookies would make Y/N open his heart to me again.

Wow, looks like Y/N is slowly becoming open to the world again, but he still wants nothing to do with Raven. But will the sight of his favourite cookies make him change his mind and get him back with Raven? Find out next time, and don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me so you can future story updates from me! See ya all next time!