Chapter 5: Making up for a broken relationship

Raven's POV

As I waited for Vernal and the chiefs to return with the chocolate chip cookies, I was thinking of how me and Y/N first met each other. During Team STRQ's second year at Beacon, Y/N was accepted into Beacon. After he and his teammates, Garfield, Jessica, and Kathy finished their initiation, Summer introduced him to me. Around three months after that, we started dating. But a year later, after I told him about the Branwen Tribe, he got pissed and ended our relationship.

Shortly after that, I'm guessing he saw me and Tai dating each other, which would lead to him disappearing. We looked everywhere for him, but we always came up empty-handed. But now that Qrow found him in Vacuo, I was happy to see that he was alive and well, but after seeing how dull his silver eyes were, I'm guessing he was very upset about me and Tai being together and having a child.

Just as I could recall all the times I had with Y/N, Vernal came in with a bunch of chocolate chip cookies. "Well, cookies are ready to be delivered to the Flaming Rose," she said. "Perfect, and in case that doesn't work out, I have Y/N's favourite drink as well," I said as I placed the cookies on the table. "Oh, and what drink is that?" asked Vernal. "None other than Strawberry Sunrise," I said as I revealed the drink.

"Oh, so Y/N is a bit of an alcoholic is he?" asked Vernal. "Yes, and during our time in Beacon, I would catch Qrow and Y/N in the same bar together," I said. "Drinking buddies?" she asked. "Yes, they were drinking buddies, but after he broke up with me, he stopped hanging out with Qrow as well," I said. "Prepares he takes the bandits' lifestyle personally," said Vernal as she crossed her arms.

"You know, I was thinking the same thing," I said. "Yeah, now I almost feel bad for him," said Vernal. "I know, who doesn't want to date a bandit? I guess after he disappeared, he went on a bunch of solo missions and took on some other bandits and defeated them," I said. "If he did, then this is more than just a breakup," she said. "Yeah, but hopefully, with these cookies and some Strawberry Sunrise, Y/N will be my boyfriend again," I said as I picked up the cookies and used my semblance to head to Summer's home.

Y/N's POV

As I sat outside watching Ruby and Yang play with each other, I smiled slightly. 'Reminds me of my early childhood, good times,' I thought as I had some of Summer's homemade cookies. That's when I saw Qrow show up, which made me sick to my stomach. "Hey, Y/N, long time no see," he said. "How nice to see you too, Qrow Branwen, clearly you didn't take my text seriously," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, old friend. You know how much we've missed you," said Qrow as he hugged Yang and Ruby. "Tell me, Branwen. If you and Raven were bandits, then why did you even go to Beacon Academy?" I asked as I gave Ruby some cookies. "Look, I know that we went there to learn how to kill huntsmen, but as time went on we eventually forgot about it," said Qrow. "Well, obviously Raven didn't forget about it," I said.

"Look, Y/N, I know you want to forget about Raven, but you need to learn that she still loves you," said Qrow. "W-Wait, what?" I said. "I know it's hard to believe, younger brother, but she still cares about you," said Summer as she came outside. "Look, I was stupid enough to fall in love with her, and now you're trying to convince me to be with her again? Are you all out of your minds?" I asked.

"Uncle Y/N, please, you need to forget about what happened in the past," said Yang. "Why should I even do that? After all, Raven doesn't mean anything to me anymore," I said as I ate another cookie. "Y/N, I understand that you don't want to be with Raven anymore, but please, out of all the people aside from your sister, she misses you the most," said Tai. "Hmph, Summer, I can apologize, but when it comes to my ex-girlfriend, not so much," I said as I crossed my arms.

"Y/N Rose, how could you say that?" asked Summer. "I'll admit it, while my relationship with Raven didn't end the way it needed to, she is still a bandit and yet you want to go back to her?" I asked. "Or perhaps I was looking for you this whole time?" said a familiar voice. As we looked in front of us, my eyes widened at the one I despised the most other than the Grimm, Raven Branwen.

Raven's POV

"Well, nice to see you all again," I said as I stepped forward. "Raven Branwen, clearly you didn't take my warning seriously, and now I must do what I have to do, I'm finished with you," said Y/N as he stood up while grabbing his sword. "Y/N, stop!" said Summer as she and Tai were trying to hold him back. "Let go of me!" he said. "Y/N, please! If you kill Raven, you'll become a criminal as well! Is that what you wish?" said Qrow as he tried to reason with Y/N.

"Ha, and to think I was going to have a problem explaining my actions. I mean, the police are never going to look at me after what Raven did!" he said. "Listen Y/N, I know I had broken your heart, but that doesn't mean you have to run away!" I said as I came face to face with him. "Raven, we could've been perfect together if it won't for that stupid tribe!" said Y/N as I could hear him starting to growl.

"Y/N, the tribe exists because of Salem's actions!" I said as I tried to reason with him. "In my mind, it exists because of those bandits wanting to steal things and kill innocent people!" said Y/N. "Urgh, how much alcohol have you been drinking, Y/N?" I asked as I could smell alcohol in his breath. "Probably so much it doesn't even matter at this point!" he said. "Y/N, please, I know I made a mistake, but we can start over!" I said as I tried to plead with him.

"Ha, as if you haven't learned from our breakup! I'm not falling for it again, Raven!" he said. "Maybe these will change your mind?" I asked as I revealed the cookies and Strawberry Sunrise, which made his eyes widen. As he looked at the two things he liked the most, he started to droll. "Have I convinced you, my Flaming Rose?" I asked. "I-I'm still your Flaming Rose," said Y/N. "So we're back together again?" I asked.

"Y-Yes, I'll give you one more chance," he said as he placed his sword back in its holster, which made everyone smile. "Aw, my little brother is back with his raven," said Summer. "Now, what will happen now Raven?" asked Y/N. "Well, I still have to look after the Branwen Tribe, but now that we're back together, that makes you a bandit as well," I said as I hugged him. "Well, it's like I always said, sometimes to do some good you got to be the bad guy," said Y/N as the colour in his silver eyes returned to normal.

"Well, Y/N, if we end up starting a family together, I recommend keeping our child out of Salem's way until she's defeated," I said. "But, how? I have learned that Salem is believed to be immortal, so killing her is almost nearly impossible," said Y/N. "We'll think of something, Y/N, so until then, good luck running the Branwen Tribe with Raven," said Tai. "Smell you later, everyone," said Y/N as we headed back to the Branwen Tribe using my semblance, locking our hands together, kissing each other on the lips.

Wow, years after their breakup, Y/N Rose and Raven Branwen are back together. So how will Y/N help Raven run the Branwen Tribe in their fight against Salem? And I think we all know what's going to happen next, so stay tuned for when Y/N and Raven go all out for each other. And don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me for future story updates! See ya all next time!