[7/10]

1 Year Later

Throughout the year Jake had spent in prison, he had made sure to phone you every night before you headed to bed and at one point, you began to develop feelings for your boss.

At first you denied it, telling yourself you were silly for feeling this way but you couldn't help it as the times you spoke with each other became more and more special to you.

"Sir, I need to tell you something." You were serious which was a surprise for him and he listened with interest.

"Go on." He encouraged you and he heard you take a deep breath before you spoke up.

"I like..."

The last word was stuck on your tongue, your hammering heart and jumbled up mind causing you to freeze.

"Like?" Jake repeated with pure confusion and your face burned as you tried to make another attempt.

"I like y..."

You were this close. This close!

"[F/N], what are you-"

"I like yoghurt!"

Your sudden burst startled him and he gazed at his phone to check if he had heard right before he put the speaker next to his ear again.

"I see. I'll buy you some when I get out."

You were too busy dying of embarrassment to hear what he said and he called out to you in worry until you responded to him.

"Yes, sir?"

"Only two days left."

Your heart sank as you thought of the wedding you were going to attend since it technically was your wedding and a sigh left your lips.

"Remember the promise I made?"

Jake had promised to give you back your freedom and he had assured you throughout the year that he hadn't forgotten.

"I'll be there." He was referring to your wedding day which he was planning to crash, giving you the freedom you wished for once again.

Your heart pounded against your chest and the courage that you had been trying to gather had finally come, allowing you to say it.

"I like you, Jake."

The silence that came after had you beginning to regret what you just said and you went into a panic.

"I-I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight, sir!"

You ended the call before he could say anything and deleted the call history before you planted your face into your pillow and quietly screamed into it.

You couldn't see the reaction Jake gave to your confession.

You couldn't see how a blush had painted his cheeks as he stared ahead  with a flustered look on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------

The two days had gone by and you were in the bride's room, getting ready with the make up artist fixing your make up to make you look beautiful.

You hadn't spoken to Jake since your confession nor had he phoned you and you were taking his silence the wrong way.

'I guess he didn't like me in that way...' You gazed at your reflection, seeing the hints of sadness in your eyes.

"It's time, [F/N]!"

Your mother opened the door and ushered you outside, making sure your dress was spread out nicely from the back.

You took a deep breath as you stopped in front of the double doors, hoping Jake would be here as he promised to.

The wedding music began to play in the background and your father came by your side, offering his arm to hold but the two of you didn't speak to one another.

You refused to acknowledge his existence and so did he but you both had to put on an act as soon as the doors opened.

Jake was currently seated with the other guests on his own as he had asked the rest of Big Deal to stay stationed in their cars, waiting for the right moment to enter.

When the doors opened, he turned to look back like the rest of the audience and he was blown away at the sight of you.

You wore a white mermaid styled wedding dress while your hair was put into a bun, a veil pinned onto your hair and covering your features.

You walked down the aisle with your father who held no expression, moving towards Sanghyuk who gazed at you with a smirk.

Jake already took a disliking towards the groom and decided he wasn't going to make you suffer any longer. He went through his contacts and pressed on Jerry's name, putting the phone by his ear.

"Let's start the show."