preventative measures¹⁰

∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘

┌─────── ∘°❉°∘ ───────┐

CHAPTER TEN :
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES

└─────── °∘❉∘° ───────┘

∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘∘❉∘

ZOE'S POINT OF VIEW

I STAND IN the middle of my room. Palms together as I stare ahead. They deserved something from me. Star and Ryan have been a big part of my life. The only two people in this shit hole of a town that I could count on. That wasn't Stuart Macher and William Loomis that is.

"Okay., I mutter, clapping my hands together.

I'd been a bit caught up in my plans and some casual murder that I neglected Ryan and Star. The blonde had been passive-aggressively ignoring me, and I need to rectify it.

I pick up the phone, sat on my bed and dialled the familiar number.

"Star?" The blonde hummed in acknowledgement, "Can we go get some stuff for the party later? Stu probably forgot about food..." I could practically see Star rolling her eyes already. But the tone told me that she was glad that I'm reaching out.

"Sure babe, I'll pick you up in ten."

I stood outside smoking, flicking my lighter on and off as I waited for Star to pick me up. The car pulled up into my driveway, a horn honking as she parked. I roll my eyes, flicking the lighter off and placing it in my bag. I jump into the passenger seat, cigarette balancing between my teeth.

"Hi Sunny!"

"Hi ZoZo," The blonde reluctantly smiles at the brunette who was beaming at her so happy. Zoe had such a contagious smile.

We drove off to Ryan's house, figuring she would want to go. Even though her parent said she can't go to the party because of the fall, they could still spend time together before the party. We stood in one of the isles, throwing snacks inside the cart where Ryan sat inside.

"So, tell me why your boyfriend thought a party was a good idea tonight?"

"He always has parties, Ry. He threw a party when I agreed to be his girlfriend." The girls laugh at the memory. The next day, he was running around the halls screaming about a celebration. No one knew what the fuck he was talking about until they saw the pair kissing at the top of the staircase. Like a king and his queen in front of their subjects.