10. Laying low

Andy and I laid on the couch with coffee watching tv the next morning. Jacob came in quietly. He rubbed his eyes and sat on the other side of the couch.

"Morning buddy." Andy said.

"Morning. This is weird. You two...yeah. Sorry I just had to say it." He said.

"That's okay. Hey if we're ever making you uncomfortable please tell your dad and I. You're going through a lot right now and you have a lot of emotions coming from this and they are gonna start and end at different times. No worries." I said. I sat up off of Andy a bit.

Andy carefully placed a pillow on his lap. I didn't draw attention to it but damn he was stupid sometimes.

"Yeah no. I kinda like it though. I haven't seen dad so happy in a while." He said.

"Yeah but Jacob you deserve to be happy too." I said.

"You're good with helping me." He said.

"Jake I wanted to say... I'm sorry if I flipped out on you last night. You're actually in the middle of all of this with your mom and I shouldn't have yelled at you. Y/n was right to scold me for that. She's right too. You deserve happiness. Whether that's here or at your moms." Andy said.

I smiled softly to myself. He wasn't one to speak up and apologize.

"It's okay. I get it I mean mom is being a bitch- sorry I don't care- she's being a bitch. I mean she was taking your private information. And she's stalking you. That's not cool." Jacob said.

"I agree jake." I said and chuckled.

Andy smiled beside me.

"I like you guys together. It was just weird waking up to it." Jacob said.

"You're good jakey." Andy said.

"Okay well it's my day to go out with Sarah. So I'm gonna go. Don't fuck on the couch."

"Jacob." Andy warned. I chuckled.

"Bye you two." Jacob said and left.

I smiled at Andy as he rolled his eyes. He kissed my cheek and got up.

"Let's make breakfast." He said. He helped me up and we went to the kitchen.

Andy wrapped his arms around me as I started the stove for some pancakes. I smiled and melted into him.

"Mom!! Get the fuck off of me! Ow!" I heard Jacob yell. The door burst open. Andy quickly moved me behind him.

"Snakes! Jacob shut up." Laurie said as she came in. I shut off the stove and stood there. She was pulling Jacob by his hair.

"Mom!" Jacob yelled.

"Let him go laurie." I said. I stepped out from behind Andy and got Jacob.

She looked at me with such hatred as I brought Jacob over. He rubbed his head.

"Oh my god Jacob are you stupid? When you were two this was the woman that dad-"

"I know mom. I'm not stupid." Jacob said.

"Do not call our son fucking stupid Laurie!" Andy said.

"You....you vile piece of shit. You chose her as our therapist to see her again. She's the reason we divorced." Laurie said. I took Jacob into the other room.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"No. She cheated on my dad three times." Jacob said.

".......need I remind you that you cheated on me three times. Three. With my best friend, my coworker, and our neighbor that was also very much married with kids. Luckily I only corrupted y/ns life. You corrupted three lives. My best friend had a fiancé. My coworker hates me. Our neighbors dealt with child custody and a messy divorce!" Andy yelled.

"You fucking ruined my life. I did what I had to." Laurie said.

"You took the house, and my son, and now you're getting back by humiliating the woman that knew nothing thirteen years ago? At least spread my fucking nudes! She broke off our relationship thirteen years ago when I told her about you and Jake. I felt awful. She had no idea and she thought I was hers only. She hasn't fucking dated since then! She thought of a future with me and I turned her life upside down because I had my own. Laurie open your eyes. This is my fault. This is your fault and my fault. It is not y/ns. Even when you and I were going through our divorce I tried with y/n and she pushed me away. She knew it was wrong. She looked out for you! You!" Andy yelled.

Laurie was quiet. Jacob rubbed my back and I smiled at his nice gesture.

"Get out of my fucking house. Leave me and y/n alone. I don't want to see or hear from you unless you're asking about Jacob. You'll hear from my lawyers about custody too." Andy said.

"But-"

"GET OUT!" He screamed.

She quickly left. Jacob jumped a little at the sound of his dad screaming.

Andy came into the living room. I stood up and he immediately wrapped his arms around me. I pulled him in by his shoulders and held him close as he buried his face in my neck.

Jacob came over and hugged me too. Andy grabbed him and pulled him into his body as well.

"I love you both." Andy whispered.

"Love you too dad." Jacob said. I kissed Andy's cheek and pet the back of his head.

"I shouldn't have yelled and I'm sorry but-"

"Dad. Shut up. Enjoy the moment you did the right thing." Jacob said. I chuckled and Andy pulled away.

"Nice f bomb as you were walking in by the way." He said.

"Oh I know." He said and smiled at his dad. Andy kissed his forehead and looked at me.

"And you. This isn't your fault you know that right?" He asked. I nodded.

He kissed my cheek and pulled me in again. Jacob hugged my side.

"I think you would be a really good stepmom by the way." Jacob said. My eyes widened and I looked at Andy.

"I agree." Andy said.