12. Relief*

I waited in the living room, pacing.

"I'm sure he's gonna get it y/n." Jacob said.

"I'm sure too honey." I said. Lies. I didn't know who was gonna get it. And I was nervous.

God I was so nervous.

Andy was at the courthouse all day to seek a permanent restraining order for him and I against Laurie. We didn't have it for Jacob though because he deserved the right to see his mom.

Jacob stood up and hugged me tight. I sighed and hugged him back.

I heard the door open. Jacob let me go and looked as his dad walked in.

Andy came in quietly. Fuck he didn't get it.

I came over and he handed me the papers. I skimmed through it.

.... Restraining order given to y/n l/n......not given to Andrew barber.

I got it. He didn't.

"There's no evidence that she's done anything to me. Your Facebook was your evidence." He said. I sighed.

"Okay." I said. I pulled him into a hug.

"I was most worried about you. So it's okay." He said. Jacob came over and Andy pulled him in too.

"I love you both." Andy whispered. Jacob pulled away and smiled.

"I know it's a bad time but Sarah is waiting for me in the driveway." Jacob said. I turned my face and laughed.

"Go." I said. Andy kissed his sons head.

Jacob left. I smiled up at Andy. "You need a drink." I said to him.

"Yeah that sounds lovely." He said.

I brought him over to the kitchen and grabbed a glass along with some brandy.

"Drink up." I said.

He smiled at me and took a sip. I watched him before letting my eyes gaze out the window.

I knew it wasn't the outcome that he wanted. But I was proud of him for what he did. Now it was up to me to keep him safe.

"What's on that mind y/n?" He asked.

"You." I whispered.

"In what sense?" He asked and gave me eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes and came over to him. I stood between his legs and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"In what sense do you want it to be?" I asked him.

"I don't know." He said. I played with a few strands of his hair.

I kissed his head and grabbed his hands.

"Thank you for helping me to be safe." I whispered.

"Are you kidding? I'm gonna do anything for you. Thirteen years ago I made the wrong decisions. I'm gonna do anything to keep you safe. Which leads to my next question. Do you wanna move in with me?" He asked.

I smiled and looked down. "I'm umm. I love the offer but I'm not gonna move in with anyone until I'm engaged." I said.

"Sweetheart have I not proposed to you yet?" He asked.

"Uhh nope." I said softly. He smiled.

"Look out for that. Coming soon to y/n l/ns near you." He joked.

I rolled my eyes and kissed him softly.

He wrapped his arms around me and deepened the kiss more. I smiled as he stood up and picked me up, wrapping his arm around me and holding me by my ass.