3- An emotional walk

Haileys Pov

I sit with my phone in hand, looking down at my screen. If I could see my face right now, I'm sure it would of looked like I've seen a ghost.

"Hey Hailey? You all good?" My Mom asks. I was sitting at the dining room table with my family. (Except for Bethany) "Y-Yea fine." I reply. "I'm gonna go to my room now."
"Oh all right hon."

What just happened. Was I imagining it? Or did he actually send that?!? My mind is racing around. What if he likes me? What if he's just joking? I take a deep breath and sit down.

🎤Jake🎤: Love you 😘

--------------

🎵Hailey🎵: I- uhm.
🎤Jake🎤: LMAO
🎤Jake🎤: Night Princess ;)
🎵Hailey🎵: Cya dork :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day at school, and one more day until the competition. We were all nervous wrecks. Especially me.
Except, I needed to have a talk with Jake. But not in front of anyone else. My mind wanders to what it would be like to be Jake's girlfriend. It would be so nice to feel his lips. And to always be close to eachother. Wait HAILEY. Snap out of it. That's so weird and creepy.

"Hey Princess!" I hear a voice call from behind me.
"Oh. Hey Jake." I reply
"I was wondering if you'd like to have a walk in the garden with me? Y'know? Because our class is still 20 minutes away." It sounded nice, so I agreed and followed Jake out into the school garden.

We were only 5 minutes into out walk until we saw somthing. It was Daisy and Sean talking to eachother. Secretly I sorta thought those two would start dating soon, but why would I would tell Jake that? Every thing seems blurry as we watched those two from a distance. Except, it was all clear when we saw Daisy stand up on her tip toes, and...

Kiss Sean.

My heart dropped. I feel so bad for Jake. I turned to him, about to say somthing, when I saw Jake running from the garden with tears in his eyes.

"WAIT. JAKE COME BACK." I shout after him. We both ran through the empty hallways, and Jake made a turn into the Music Room. (Idk if I got the name right lmao 😭)

I watched as Jake falls to his knees, before walking over to him and sitting down beside him. I could see he was holding back tears. Probably because I was around.

"Jake?" I say softly. Jake lifted his head up to face me.
"God I'm such an idiot. How could I not of seen them before. It seemed so obvious." Jake mumbles, but only just loud enough for me to hear. We sit in silence for a minute, until I finally shatter it.
"Need a hug?"

Jake didn't even answer. He instantly pulls me into an embrace, which makes my face sting red. I can feel his tears drip onto my shoulder, but I didn't mind that much. His sent. It's so welcoming. I feel like I could stay here forever. I feel his hand creep down my back, and start to play with my hair, sending tiny shocks of electricity up into my scalp.

He then trails his hand down to my waist and holds it there. My face was burning at this point. We stayed in this position for about 5 minutes, until Jake finally pulls away.
"Feeling better now?" I ask gently.
"Yea. I'm really sorry you had to see me like that Hails." Jake replies. I felt my lips curl into a slight smile.

"It's ok Jake."
"Thank you Hailey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was already last period, and me, Luke, Zander and Jake has sport. Our team starts playing later then the boys soccer team, so I sat down next to Zander, watching Jake from afar. God he was so hot,

"Hailey? You still got a brain in there?" Zander says, waving his hand in front of me.
"Huh? Oh yea. Hi." I respond quickly. Zander looks back at the book he's reading, and I continue to stare at Jake.

I see Jake glance over in my direction, and wave at me while winking. I feel my face heat up and I look away. When I look back I see Jake chuckle to himself, and turn back to his soccer match.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, I saw a familiar blonde into peach haired boy running towards me as I grab my backpack out of my locker.
"Hey Hailey!" The boy calls out.
"Hey Jake!" I call back. Just simply talking to him brightens my whole mood.

"I was wondering if we could hang out at your place this afternoon?" Jake asks.
"Oh sure!" I reply. And with that, we both set off for my house, walking behind Zander.

This was a somewhat angsty chapter >:) And twi days in a row I updated the story! Wow.