6- Kiss count, 3

Guys I am so sorry I lost motivation but the next chapter is finally here :)

Jake's POV

I look up from the ground and my eyes lock with Haileys. She seemed nervous. Maybe I've asked somthing I shouldn't of. Seeing her like this made me add an extra sentence.

"You don't have to say if you don't want to."
"O-oh ok. I don't know if I could anyway." She replys with a slight stutter.

"Well I should go. I just wanted to check up on you, y'know? I care about you." I say, smiling softly at her. I chuckle as I watch Hailey try to hide her face in her hands, as it begins to glow a soft pink.

"Well, let's go down now?" She asks.
"Oh yea. Of course." I reply, and follow Hailey downstairs to the door. I was waving at her, while beginning to walk backwards, until...
"WAIT!" Hailey says, with an odd amount of urgency. I stop in my tracks, before walking back to her.

My eyes widened at what happened next. But it wasn't necessary a bad thing. Hailey had stood up on her tip toes, and kissed me. I was silently freaking out, as Hailey blushed furiously.

"U-uhm." I stammer.
"So-so..." Hailey replies.
"Well... see you tomorrow?" I say.
"Yea... Bye Jake."
"Cya Princess." I say winking at her.
Haileys face turned an even brighter shade of red, as I chuckle and begin walking home. My mind begins to race as I walk to my house. She totally likes me back. Unless... not? I don't know any more. We've kissed two times. But, maybe they we're just- ugh I don't know anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day I was walking to class. I was looking at the ground, before I lift my head up and see Hailey in front of me. I tip toe up to her and...

"Boo!" I shout, getting a shriek in response.
"Jake what the heck!" Hailey yells, and I couldn't stop laughing.
"He-Hey Princess" I say, stuttering as a result of still laughing. "Why are you so jumpy? Usually things like that don't scare you."
"I'm sorry. I'm just nervous."
"For what? I say, unaware on whats happening.
"Jake..." Hailey says softly.
"What? I'm so confused." I reply.

Hailey paused for a second.

...

Then it hit me.
"OH! The competition! Sorry Hailey." I say, scratching the back of my neck, smiling nervously.
"Whatever dork." She replys, returning the smile, but a genuine one.

We both walked into class, and sat down in separate desks.

As it usually does in class, my mind had zoned out. Mrs Jones hasn't arrived yet, and there's still an empty desk beside me.

I started thinking about what might happen tonight. We might win, but we also might not. Or maybe we could come second? What if I confess to Hailey? Wait no she might reject me. But who would, I am pretty handsome.

"Hey... Jake?"
A familiar voice dragged me out of my thoughts. I look up to see non other then Drew.
"Uh. Yes Drew?" I ask.
"Do you mind if I sit here? Every other seat is taken." Drew says.
"Oh! Yea sure, I don't mind." I reply.
"Thanks Ja-" Drew starts, before being cut off.
"Alright class, today you all need to wish the music club good luck at the band competition tonight!" Mrs Jones says as she enters the classroom.

Mrs Jones starts her lesson, and that's when I began to zone out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of the day was a blur. I'm pretty sure I threw up about 2 or 3 times from nerves. But finally, the day was over. The time was ticking closer to the band competition.