Chapter 24

Leo realized what he was about to do and he palmed his face in frustration. Alita looked at his hand and then looked back into his eyes.

"You were going to hit me." Alita said with tears in her eyes. "Hit me, go ahead hit me, hit me Leo." Alita shouted as she dragged Leo's hand towards her face. Leo just stared at her, but Alita kept on insisting that Leo should hit her.

"Alita." Leo shouted. "Stop it. Stop it right now. If you are scared that I might ruin the company's reputation, well you don't have to worry because this company is an achievement made by your dad and mine and I won't ruin their years of hard work. So you don't have to worry. And remember that we are not married for love but for the company's. So learn to maintain your privacy while I'll maintain mine." Leo said.

"Leo I was........"

"You have no right to chase a woman out of my office. It's my office and I can whatever I want in here. Get that straight." He said as he walked out of the office. Alita watched the door closed and tears blurred her vision as she fell to the ground and wept.

•••••••••
It was already closing hour. All the employees were leaving one after the other. Alita got up from her chair, she feeling weak. She didn't have the time to eat what Nanny Stacy packed up for her. She has been crying nonstop and had lost her appetite.

She looked at the time, it was 6:05pm and she has to get ready for dinner with her parents by 7:00pm. She picked up her bag and walked to the elevator. When she got down, all the employees were already gone. She walked to the packing lot and saw the security men. She waved at them before she entered her car and then drove off to Leo's house to change.

When she got home, Rose was sitting in the living room, all dressed up.

"Good evening Rose." Alita said.

"Good evening. Thank Goodness you're back, Dad and I have been waiting."

"Can you please lend me a dress." Alita said not wanting to have a long conversation.

"Alita, you look pale, what happened?"

"I'm okay, just a little tired." She said

"Okay, if you say so." Rose said.

•••••••
Alita, Rose and Mr. Sullivan already arrived at Mr. Simmons house. They were welcomed with happiness, Alita parents hugged Alita tight immediately they saw her. It hasn't been up to a week, and they were already missing her.

They sat down around the dinning table and Mrs. Katherine  ordered the house helpers to serve them dinner . They were all engaged in talking to each other about  Mrs. Simmons delicious meal she prepared that they didn't notice Leo's absent.

"Where is Leo?"Lily asked as she didn't see him Every body's attention was drawn to the empty sit.

"I thought he followed us." Mr. Sullivan said

"Maybe he's on his way." Rose said

" To his girlfriend'a house." Alita muttered. Rose who was sitting beside turned towards her

"Did you say something." Rose asked

"No I don't." Alita replied

The house helper brought their food and they all began to eat. After some minutes, Leo finally came.

"Good evening everyone." Leo said " Sorry I'm late." He said as he sat beside Alita.

"It's Ok, you probably have some work to finish." Alita's mom said.

"Yeah, Today was really hectic." Leo said as the house helper dished his plate.

"Leo, you didn't even peck your wife cheeks." Mr. Simmons said

"Oh, I forgot." Leo said as he peeked Alita's cheek like a caring husband.

" You don't have to forget those type of things. When the both of you are caring for each other, your relationship will blossoms." Mr.Simmons said

"Oh my goodness, you've started with your love lectures again." Katherine said.

"You should be supporting me I'm in this." Mr. Simmons said.

The evening went smoothly with everyone being happy. After the wonderful dinner, Alita went upstairs to her room to pack her stuff. She was really sad about everything that's happening around her. Everybody is happy about her being married and also about the merging of the companies. They will be so heartbroken if they found out about Leo's behaviour towards her. Leo was a wolf in sheep clothing. He was never like this before, but now he's acting strange.

Thoughts of Leo's new attitude filled her mind as tears began to roll down her cheeks. The door opened and Lily and Rose walked in. Alita quickly wiped her tears.

"Alita what happened?" Lily asked surprised as she rarely see her sister cry.

"Nothing I'm fine." Alita said.

"No, you're not fine, you look pale. Are you sick?" Lily asked as she walked closer to her sister with Rose following her.

"I'm fine." Alita said as tear began rolling down her cheeks again.

"But you are crying, that was the same thing you told me before." Rose said.

"Alita, just tell us, what happened? You know you can always confide in us."

"He....he...h." Alita began to say in tears.

"Alita dear." Leo called out to Alita cutting her off." Alita quickly wiped her tears "uhm."

"Let's go it's getting late." He said as he leaned on the door frame.

Alita got up, Zipped her luggage and followed Leo. Lily and Rose both looked at each other with surprise.

•••••••••
Alita and Leo got down stairs and said goodbye to their parents. Mr. Sullivan stayed behind as he and Mr. Simmons were both going to celebrate their retirement. Rose also stayed behind as she was having a  sleep over with Lily.

   Alita and Leo walked to the parking lot and entered the car. They sat there in silence as Leo didn't start the car.

"Alita, what happened today shouldn't be shared with anyone. "

"Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. Please keep to your promise." Alita said.

"Okay." Leo said "Please, we should try to act that we are happy with this marriage. I don't want anyone to get suspicious."

"I can't do that. I don't want my parents to think everything is alright when it's not." Alita said.

"Alita, you have no choice but to listen to me." Leo said sternly. He started the engine and drove off. There was an awkward silence throughout the car ride.

   When they got home, Alita unpacked her stuff and arranged it in the empty side of the closet. She walked into the bathroom for a shower. As the warm water hit her skin, a thought pop up in her mind. Maybe it was a good idea to pretend to be happy. Leo might fall for her again. She can't take the risk of Leo falling in love with another woman. So she should definitely play along. Alita was relaxed after making the decision to play along.

••••••••
Leo was lying on his bed after a cold shower. The image of him about to slap Alita kept appearing in his head. He didn't mean to hurt her, he just wanted her to feel the pain he felt.