four

Nina stared at me sharply, before her face quickly fell.
She looked afraid almost.
Of me.

....

Alice looked up at her.
Her face was pale.
Before she could even explain herself, Nina quickly got up and rushed out of the room, Alice following closely behind her.

Running through the corridors, Alice had finally caught up, grabbing the back of Nina's shirt and stopping her in her tracks.

She pushed her against the wall and spoke slowly.
Pausing between words, she repeated herself.
"Where. Can. I. Find. Him?"

Nina swallowed hard and turned her head as Alice got closer to her face.
"I don't k-know" she replied with a shaky breath.

Alice grabbed the collar of her shirt now, pushing her harder against the wall.
"Tell. Me"
Alice's words echoed through gritted teeth.

Nina sighed as her face lightened up, causing Alice to release her grip.
"If I were to tell you, what would you do exactly?"

Alice shrugged.
She really wasn't sure.
She had so much hate for him before.
And now he's all she could think about.

Nina rolled her eyes, moving and bumping into Alice's shoulder as she started to walk off.
"Eks Marina" she stated as she walked down the hall, disappearing behind a corner.

It was now night.
Alice was packing her bag, getting ready for the long walk ahead of her, when guards came through the door.
They grabbed her, slamming her into the wall and placing her in handcuffs.
She grunted as they moved off of her, taking her by the elbows and dragging her down the hall into a cell.
Nina.
Alice felt betrayed.
Her best friend, so she thought, but why?
She went through every possible scenario on why she told the guards of her planned escape, finally settling on Nina not wanting her to get hurt.

But another though echoed in her mind.
Why was she trying to protect Linus?