eight

Alice was half awaken by the feeling of her hands being loose.
A groggy whine escaping her lips, which now we're not covered by tape, as she looked up, coming face to face with the blonde boy from before.
She smiled, wrapping her arms around him.
He pulled her to a standing position and threw an arm around her to hold her upright.
"We've got to get out of here" he stated quickly, "I don't know when they'll be back for you, but I don't want you to be here when they do"
Alice slowly nodded in response as she started to fully regain consciousness.
She now realized what had happened.
She remembered the faces and the names of the men who held her hostage.
And she remembered Linus meeting them only a few hours before.

She shoved herself away from him. "I'm not going anywhere with you"
He looked defeated and sighed.
"You don't have to, but i recommend you go somewhere away from here. Rosales isn't very forgiving" he mumbled that last part as he walked away, leaving Alice standing there.
"Wait" she quickly caught up to him.

They walked for a while.
Climbing through abandoned buildings as a way of staying out of sight.

"What were you planning when you escaped?"
Alice shrugged, which caused Linus to sigh in response.
A few seconds passed.
"To find you, my friend Nina told me where to look, but i got stopped befo-"
Linus cut her off.
"How do you know Nina?"  he seemed confused and frankly, now i was too.
"Wait, how do you know Nina" i asked back.
They stopped walking and Linus sat down against the wall behind a stack of old wood.
Alice sat next to him, waiting for a reply.
"Nina is my sister"

'his sister??'  Alice thought to herself.

She looked at the boy as her heart dropped in her chest.

'So that's why she wanted me to protect him'