14. Luna and Bestie Duties

The excitement of the escape soon wears off and Drake drives us to school in his very posh looking car. I don't know much about cars, but I've heard him say it's an SUV or something, just how rich are these kids?

We get to school in about thirty minutes, turns out I'm not miles and miles away from home like they had said earlier. When I confront him, he sheepishly admits that they had lied so I wouldn't try escaping.

Presently, we are seated on the bare and very empty School field. These guys even have the keys to the school gate, surprise!

I sit there and just think about how much of schoolwork I've missed and just how much has changed in my life over the space of one week. Then I think about Mandy. She'd probably be worried sick and would surely have my head when she finds out I've been okay all along, well except the night of the party of course. I make a mental note to give her a call once I'm back home.

Home....

I smile at the thought.

"I'm pretty sure we came here to talk about me, but it suddenly doesn't seem like it."
Drake finally breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, I zoned out" I give him a guilty smile.

"It's fine, Brody does that a lot too so I'm used to it." He smiles back at me, and I remember Cassy saying something like that earlier.

"So ready to tell me why you've been so moody recently? Whatever it is, I want to hear it. I hate seeing this grumpy Drake. Besides it doesn't exactly go well with your reputation, does it?"

I ask him and he just started smiles. I stare at him, still very much confused. He finally speaks up after what felt like an eternity.

"It's nice to see you're already taking on your Luna duties so we'll."

Luna duties? Luna as in female leader of all the werewolves in a pack? A more or less equivalence to a queen. Yeah, maybe I'm not ready for that yet. I mean, no rush right?

Drake senses my inconvenience right away and changes the topic, which I'm so grateful for.

"I found my mate."

I perk up at the news. "Well? That's great right?" I ask u sure since he doesn't seem too happy about it.

"It should be, actually it is. It's just that, I've found her for a while now, long before Brody found you. But she is also hand and I didn't think I could make do with an human mate, given my position. So I stayed away. Now, I don't know how to approach her her or even bring myself to face her anymore."

He explains as he holds his face in his hands, feeling ashamed.

"Well, that was an shitty move, but we'd just have to fix now. Who is she?" I reply.

He hesitates for a while

"It's Mandy, your best friend." I go dumb.

Now that I think  about it, I've seen him stare at Mandy a bit too long to be normal a few times in school but it was for a short time so I concluded it was just a passing crush and hence paid no serious attention to it.
Drake looks up at me skeptically, probably expecting an outburst from me, but instead I just smile sweetly at him.

"That kind of make things easier. Once it's all cleared up, Mandy and I can then plan your punishment." I stand up and head towards the car, ready to leave.

The last thing I hear him say however is

"Oh no!"

***************************************************

"Here, take your phone."
I was expecting Brody to be really angry angry when I got back, but he is unexpectedly calm.

I take the phone and turn it on, and I really wish I didn't.

There are thousands of messages from Lana and Mandy. Don't even let me get started on the missed calls.
While Mandy's messages had different tones to them, ranging from worried, to threatening, to pleading to cry-worthy, Lana sent only one. She stated that she tried calling me countless times and it had all been fruitless. She further said I should be prepared to go back to my mom's whenever I'm back.

I smile sadly at this, wow! I feel so loved. Not even a single message from my mom.

"I had Mandy on the phone the other day and I was going to ask you to talk to her, but then I met you crying in the garden so I had to put it off." Brody informs me.

"And? She hasn't called back ever since then?"

I asked because that is so unlike the strong-willed Mandy I know.

"Actually, she has. A lot of times, but I thought you were crying because you wanted to go back home so I couldn't let her speak with you and eventually turned off the phone." He admits guiltily.

My eyes go wide at this.

"BRODY FREAKING BROOKS!!" I scream and he sprints out if the room like he rightly should.

I sigh and dial Mandy's number, Luna duties done, now it's time for bestie duties.

Then I hear her scream.
______________________________________________

It's been a while, but here is another chapter guys

❤️ & 💡