16. Some Alone Time

It's been two months now since my life has taken a new direction and I must admit I'm loving everything about it.
Today, Brody and I are leaving for his real home, where the pack house is.

A little flashback; about a week after Mandy and I reconnected, she helped me paint the room pink just like I had planned while Brody was out. Oh boy! I really wish I got Brody's face on camera when he saw it. And don't even get me started on Mandy's dramatic reaction when she saw their mansion, that girl is just lucky I love her.
However, the whole painting wasn't really worth the effort since we had to move. Brody explained that his pack isn't here in Michigan but back in Massachusetts and they only came here to find their mates. Well, Weenie already found his but they both decided to come with Brody and Drake. Now that they both found their mates, it is time to go back and get the pack back from Drake's father who has been in charge ever since.

Brody's father's death caused Brody to become the Alpha of the pack a little too early. Drake and Weenie became his Beta and Delta respectively, but when they had to leave, Drake's father, being the only surviving parent of the trio agreed to look after the pack until their return.

Brody did move out of the room for the time being, so I guess the effort wasn't completely wasted.

As for Drake and his mate, that is one messy story. Mandy went all banshee on us all. She did know about werewolves beforehand since I took my time to explain it all to her at the cafe the day we were reunited, however it is one thing to know about the existence of wolves that posses human forms while it is another thing entirely to know that you are fated to be together with one for the rest of your life. And unlike me, she didn't take it even averagely well.

After this denial stage came the self-consciousness stage. She felt Drake didn't come for her immediately he found out because he didn't want her. She felt she wasn't enough and he probably deserves someone better.

It really was a mess.

Thankfully, it's all sorted out now and they are happily together.

I pack the rest of my stuffs as I settled down to wait for the next two hours or so for the others to come back from school so we could say our final byes.

They aren't coming with us after all, they still have about three weeks to wrap up the school year. I sigh as I stroll mindlessly down the stairs to the sitting room.
I turn on the TV, not paying attention to what is playing anyways. My mind keeps reeling with worry for Drake and Mandy.

As easy as it is for me to just up and leave everything behind at once due to the fact that I have almost no attachments here, it wouldn't be easy for Mandy. She has her family and friends and her whole life here.

Drake on the other hand can't survive without his mate, hence my worry.

I guess this is exactly what Drake meant by Luna duties, I guess I am beginning to exhibit the qualities. Either that or I really just have an issue with trying to solve everyone's problem like my life depends on it. But then, I've not always been this way. I used to be so immersed in my own problems to even think of others that much. So I guess it definitely has to be the Luna duty thingy in the end.
As exciting as that sounds, It also scares me. Here, I am worrying for someone else's problems and even though she is my best friend, I'm scared I would worry about every pack member this way too.

Inability to solve their problems would only cause me problems and headaches and that was just inevitable.

I can't deal with all that.

I hold this thought for a while and finally, I come to a conclusion.
A very selfish one, but it's something I had to do for my sanity and mental health.

I just can't be a Luna yet.