4. The Party

Right now, I wish I hadn't listened to Mandy. Girl's party night my foot! Ten minutes into the party and I last saw her grinding with some guy I can't even identify and some guy's been staring at me creepily since I arrived here. He seemed a lot familiar but I wasn't looking closer to know who, he might be harmful for all I know.

I was getting really scared now, I mean a polite person would just stare for a while and look away. This dude has been staring at me nonstop for a while now. I was getting thirsty so I weaved my way through the crowd of sweaty bodies.... Eww... And finally found the kitchen. I wasn't gonna drink anything other than water at this party, not when I still have the responsibility of taking Mandy home when I find her cause I know she'd be drunk as hell, plus I still have to sneak in unnoticed, a drunk me might not be able to do that. Come to think of it, I've never been drunk before, I was curious as to what a drunk me could actually do, but I wasn't planning on knowing that tonight. Probably when I'm grown and able to fend for myself, but right now I need water.

Either the water supply in the kitchen was faulty or the host of this party cut it off, I can't tell, water wasn't available and I couldn't take any other drink to quench my thirst, they might be spiked, who knows. I was still undecided if I should find Mandy and drag her home or at least let her know I was leaving, or just leave on my own because I am so done with this party that had no water and Mandy would probably be too wasted to catch a word of what I had to say to her. I made up my mind and decided to ditch her, after all I was ditched for a guy too.

I had almost made it to the door when a guy blocked my way, I looked up and saw that it's the same guy that was staring at me earlier, from this close, I made out who it was,Brody! Did I mention his 18th birthday party was yesterday? I heard that it was awesome. I wasn't invited, not that I would have gone, he is still a jerk to me. I must admit 18 does look good on him though. It seemed his muscles were more defined and his chest was broader, I could clearly see his toned abbs from that tight shirt he was wearing and boy do I wanna touch them.

I snapped out of it soon enough though. "Do you mind?" I said sassily. This was becoming our thing and I kinda like the sound of that, in a strange way. "Well I thought you needed water so I... Em... Got... Em... Here" he stretched a bottle of water I hadn't noticed he was holding while I was busy eye-raping him. I think I know where this is going, he expects me to beg him for a bottle of water cause I know he is not nice enough to just give it to me. Like hell would I beg him, I have my pride, and I was even planning on going home.

Sensing my hesitation, Brody took my hand in his, shocking me with how good it felt against mine and thrusts the bottle of water into it. "You feel it too, don't you?"
He asked while I was busy gulping down the water. "Feel what?" I asked, if he was talking about the calming and soothing effect of this water, then I sure am feeling it. "The bond, the connection" he replied smiling. I was confused and decided to assume he was drunk. I finished my drink in silence while his smile faded away slowly.

I walked around him still bent on leaving the party. He still followed me stubbornly. "Look Michelle, if this is about how I've treated you all this while, I'm sorry. I never meant to, you were just so different and mysterious and it kinda annoyed me. I wanted to be the only mysterious one that everyone wanted to unravel. I never ever had any idea of you been my mate." "Whoa whoa, Hol'op, mate? What are we uhn? Some movie characters? If this is your way of wooing me and using me after been a jerk to me all this while, you have failed." I replied.

Brody paused for a while before before he resumed his long strides again, catching up with me that was almost running now, "Michelle, I'm serious, there are some certain things you don't know about me and.... " "Good! Let it remain that way cause I'm not in the least interested in you." I screamed, almost crying now, I was angry at myself for agreeing to come to this party at all, angry at Mandy for ditching me and putting me in this kind of situation.

I was suddenly jerked to a stop when Brody got hold of me and slammed into his hard chest. "I said I'm sorry! I'd make sure to pay dearly for all my sins towards you, I'm sorry. How many times do you want me to say it?!" He yelled at me which angered me more. I forced myself out of his grip and slapped him hard across his face. "Don't you dare yell at me! You think sorry would cut it? You don't know what I have to face at home and yet you make school hell for me. I skipped a lot of classes because of you when I had a grade to maintain. I hate you Brody! With every bone in my body!"I screamed at him, unable to stop the waterworks now.

I was probably too angry to notice my vision becoming blurry, or I noticed but thought it was because of the tears, I couldn't make out anything and slumped, I waited for the fall that never came. I was held by strong hands that made me feel safe even though I so wanted to fight it, eventually my vision went black.
__________________________________

Another update guys, I've been so busy I couldn't update regularly.
I'm sorry

Don't forget to vote and comment, that's my only reward. 🙏

Let me know what you think, all comments are welcomed but please do not criticize strongly

Tell your friends about the book

Love y'all 💓

#Stay safe

Your fav 💗