Chapter 3: Alone/ Summer montage

3rd person's POV

The next day

Ariel got up early and was about to leave.

But her family was there for breakfast so she had to get past them.

Luca saw her and said, "Ariel... can we talk... look I... I'm not good with words... but about yesterday I-."

Ariel cut him off and said,

"Mom it's my life and I know what I'm doing and now if you'll excuse me I... have summer classes to attend to for the rest of my boring summer."

She left without letting Luca speak

Ariel and Alma met up again.

Alba was showing her pictures of her and Puerto rico.

There was one with her on a motorcycle, beach views, the food, with her family and they cute little chihuahua.

Ariel said, Wow its true what others said it's the most beautiful places to visit.

Alba said, "Sure is and what about Portoroso? My mom would always tell me stories of her life growing up here mind giving me a tour."

Ariel agreed but was going to be very careful.

She used her dad's vespa, gave her the tour around the town, treated her to gelato, music, even the train station where she goes to school.

Alba said, "Wow you actually got to go to school? I never get to go."

Ariel was confused and asked, "How come don't they have schools over there too."

Alba said, "Oh they do but I cant go because it's a bit too risky, being the only sea monster and all... but at least I have Luisa and the others."

Ariel said, "You call your mom by her first name?"

Alba said, "She's my foster mom... she took me in when I really needed it she's like a mother figure to me and if it wasn't for her I would've been all alone but... I still feel alone."

Ariel said, "I know what you mean no one to rely on you, even around cool friends even a pet, you still feel alone..."

Alba said, "You don't have a family?"

Ariel lied, "Yeah it's always just been me but for the first time in forever I don't feel alone... I met you."

She held Alba's hands and blushed while Alba smiled.

As days gone by it was awesome.

Ariel and Alba were enjoying their summer, riding vespas, tons of gelato, dancing to music, laughing, they taught each other different languages, went around town while avoiding the parents.

Alba enjoyed being in her sea monster form a lot and spending time with Ariel which Ariel feels the same.

One day

At the Scorfano Paguro house

The phone ranged

Luca picked up and said, "Hello Scorfano Paguro residence, Luca speaking."

The summer school teacher was on the phone explaining Ariel has not been to a single class.

Luca asked Sheila and Enrico to spy on her the next day.

The next day

They saw her running off with a girl thinking she's a rebel with her piercings and shaved hair and went to tell Luca.

With Ariel and Alba

They were at the top of Portoroso seeing the amazing view while having gelato and Alba held Ariel's hand which Ariel held back.

The very next day

Ariel surprised Alba with a homemade motorcycle and went on top of the hill.

Alba started breathing fast and looked the other way and said,

"NO! Ariel the gift was nice but I get scared of certain things that I makes me panic."

Ariel said, "I get that way too but you know... an old friend of mine said call it a Bruno who gives negative thoughts in your head so the only way to stop it is to shout Silenzio Bruno as loud as you can, now go!"

Alba said, "Silenzio Bruno...?"

Ariel said, " No you have to say it Louder!"

Alba said a bit louder, "Silenzio Bruno!"

Ariel said, "Louder!"

Alberto said louder, "Silenzio Bruno!"

Ariel said, "Louder!"

Alba gasped and said very Louder, "SILENZIO BRUNO!'

Ariel trying to fix her ear a bit and said, "Very nice and let's go."

They rode the homemade motorcycle down the hill into the air and to the ocean luckily surviving.

They got to shore and Alba was making little sobbing sounds and Ariel tried to cheer her up but turns out she was laughing and they both did.