your light | changbin x reader

PAIRING | changbin x reader
IDOLS FEATURED | seo changbin
WC | 0.9k
GENRE | fluff
WARNINGS | none
SYNOPSIS | driving around town to look at christmas lights has never been more romantic, but all changbin can focus on is you.

"But it's cold outside!" Changbin whined, pouting in an attempt to be cute as you carefully wrapped a thick, soft scarf around his neck

"But it's cold outside!" Changbin whined, pouting in an attempt to be cute as you carefully wrapped a thick, soft scarf around his neck. "We can just watch that show about peoples' Christmas lights!"

"It's not just about the lights, Bin," you tutted, tucking in the end of the scarf. You gave it a light pat, making him chuckle as he grabbed your hand and pulled you in for a kiss.

You smiled into the kiss, making him chuckle as he pulled away, staring at you sappily. "You look so cute all bundled up for the cold," he teased, poking at your layered outfit.

"You're cuter," you replied, squishing his cheeks in your hands, making him whine again. "Now come on and get in the car, let's go!"

Changbin rolled his eyes, but took you by the hand and led you outside to the car. "How long will this take? I wanted to go to bed early," he complained, but you could tell it was all in good fun, and he was obviously getting excited as he looked around at all the neighboring houses, which were decked out with fancy, colorful lights amongst other decorations. You slid into the passenger seat of the car, and Changbin settled in the driver's seat, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel as he turned up the heat. You shivered as you placed your hands in front of the vent, waiting for the warm air to begin flowing out. "Cold?" Changbin asked. He didn't await a response, unwrapping his red scarf from around his neck and placing it around yours, looping it and tying it gently to assure your neck would stay warm.

"Thanks, Bin," you said, the soft fabric soothing your cold skin.

He smiled and held out his free hand, letting you place yours in his open palm. He squeezed gently while backing out of the driveway, and you turned on the radio, soft Christmas music beginning to play. There was a light snowfall outside, the chunky white flakes contrasting with the black night sky. A few landed on the windshield of the car, and you watched as they got wiped away, smearing them and melting them into water droplets. Both you and Changbin were silent as he slowed, and you let go of his hand and pressed your palms against the cold window, breath fogging up the glass as you giddily stared at the colorful decorations put up by your neighbors. "Bin, look! They have Rudolph!" You eagerly pointed towards a blow-up Rudolph figurine, whose nose was flashing red, and Changbin chuckled.

"Do you want to put up decorations like that?" he asked, tilting his head to look at the reindeer decoration.

"Of course I do!" you chided, moving your attention to the next decorative house as the car slowly lurched forward. You marveled at the giant light-up snowflakes hanging off the roof of the next house, and the blue-white glow of the fake icicles on the one after. "I really love those," you murmured to yourself, tracing the outlines of the lights on the window, staring at the cheesy, oversized green and red bulbs.

While you were occupied with looking out the window, muttering to yourself about how you wanted to decorate your own house like that someday and marveling at the impressive light shows, Changbin stayed silent. He kept his eyes on the road, foot pressed lightly on the gas pedal as the car slowly trundled forward. He tried to keep his pace slow and steady so that you could have enough time to take in all of the details of the pretty decorated houses. The flashing lights lit up your pretty face, and your eyes seemed to be full of stars. The way you were so genuinely excited about the lights made Changbin's heart pound, your pure innocence making his cheeks flush red. You were just so adorable.

"Bin, what do you think about getting a projector?" you asked suddenly, turning to look at him. Your eyes were slightly squinted as you smiled widely, and he swore that you had a glowing golden halo above your head with how angelic you looked in that moment.

"A projector? Whatever for?"

"Look, the projector puts pictures up on the side of the house! They've got fake snow pictures on the side of their house," you said eagerly, pointing towards a small blue house on the corner.

"There's real snow, (Y/N)," Changbin teased, "why would we need a projector of fake snow?"

You pout playfully. "Don't crush my dreams."

"I would never." Changbin took you by the hand again, and pressed a quick kiss to the back of it, making your face heat up in embarrassment. "I love you, (Y/N)." His eyes shone with admiration. "You are so beautiful."

You tried to suppress a smile, feeling incredibly lucky to have the love of the handsome man in front of you. "I love you more," you sighed, pulling him in gently.

"Impossible." His gaze fluttered down to your slightly parted lips.

"Is it?" The tension rose impossibly, until it finally came to a climax as your lips met. You felt like a silly preteen in love again, swearing you saw fireworks exploding behind your closed eyes. Your heart pounded impossibly fast, and your stomach dropped, imitating the thrilling feeling one would get on a rollercoaster. Kissing someone had never felt so exciting, so perfect.

When you both finally parted, the pretty lights were completely forgotten. All that existed in this little bubble was you and him, lost in your own lit up world.