2.

[8:30PM NIKI'S HOUSE]

"WHAT NO WAY YOU CHEATED!!" niki whines, the screen showing a loss for niki and a win for you.

"HAH!! and you were one saying i was gonna get my ass beat? look who's laughing now!" you celebrate your hard work, kicking your feet laughing at niki's misery.

"sore loser."

"no i ain't. you cheated for sure!" niki whines making you laugh even more.

"how does one person go from 5th to 1st at the final moment of the game!!!"

"HOW DID YOU GET A BLUE SHELL AND A BULLET BILL IN 5TH???!!!"

by this point you're on your back barely breathing from all the laughing. niki groans turning off mario kart and turns on minecraft, flopping on top of you while waiting for it to boot up.

putting your hands in his hair you suggest something. "wanna make a house and try to get full diamond armour???"

looking up from your chest niki smiles and squeezes you one last time before getting ready to get some diamonds.

you two had to be playing minecraft for another hour , most of it consisted of strip mining and trying to not die from skeletons or creepers.

niki looks at you while he clears out his chest, putting away the materials he didn't need at the moment. your face fully focused on getting the wood you needed to finish up your house.

a warm feeling filled up niki's chest. earlier when he laid on you while having a tantrum you were warm and comfortable. he almost didn't want to get up but he didn't want to seem weird.

he admired how strong you were. niki was a menace and this caused some of his old friends to leave him as they couldn't handle him.

he was either too much or they couldn't keep up with him. he tried changing but he saw it as too much to do for the acceptance of one person.

then there's you. no matter what you stayed. always by his side and was there to comfort him at his lowest. he was so thankful that he could have you in his life. he wanted it to stay that way forever.

he just needed you.

after noticing him staring at you from the corner of your eye you look over and smile at him, him smiling at you in return.

this is all he needs. just you and him. no one else.

just you and him against the world.

[PERKS OF LOVING YOUR BEST FRIEND]