10.

Niki barely slept that night. His body still feeling the pain and regret from the incident the day prior. He felt ashamed. Ashamed that you had to see him like that. He always hated being angry, no matter the person or situation. He hated that nasty emotion.

He wanted to see you, his heart begging for your warmth again. Feeling your arms around him, your loving energy radiating into his body. You gave him energy to do anything, you help become a better person. Without you he'd probably do a lot more worse things than just busting someone's nose in a public setting.

Niki craved love. He craved it with his entire being. That's all he's ever wanted. Love. More specifically love from another person, someone loving him no matter his flaws, no matter his insecurities, no matter what. He just wanted someone to love him the same way he loved them.

You knew this. The signs were all there. But it still didn't throw away the fear factor. The feeling of if you both step over the line, you could lose it all.

The bond you and Niki had built over the years was near indestructible. Both of you knew how much you care for one another, you two fit like puzzle pieces.

You both were meant to be with one another.

Before you thought it was only the fact that you knew him for so long you grown comfortable around him, however that wasn't the case.

Friends who don't love each other do what you both do. They don't cuddle, they don't go on cute sleepovers to each other's places. They don't kiss. Friends shouldn't feel the urge to kiss each other.

Friends.

It hits you.

You and Niki aren't friends. You're not meant to be friends. You're meant to be something so much more. You want to hold Niki, kiss him, be the reason for his laughter and his beautiful smile.

You want to love him. And he wants to loves you too.

-

You stand at his door, anxiety runs through your system. You soon gather the courage to ring the doorbell. Waiting, hoping for a response.

What if he doesn't open the door? What if he doesn't want to see you? What if he doesn't love you-

"Y/N?"

Looking up from the ground you see Niki, his hair obviously a mess, oversized tee and comfortable pants. So plain and effortless but he still manages to look so handsome in your eyes.

All those prep talks you gave yourself about not crying we're all useless as you immediately start crying, running into Niki's arms.

The sudden movement cause Niki to stumble backwards, relief crashed onto him. He was so happy to see you. He craved seeing you, having you this close. He smiles as he holds you close, giving you a soft kiss on your head.

He gently pulls you both up to his room where you felt most comfortable, holding your hand he lets you gain your composure, looking at you ever so softly.

"What I did was stupid, I'm sorry Niki." You start off, before you could say anymore Niki stops you.

"Don't apologise for who you are. You're kind hearted, you don't want others to be hurt if you were able to stop it. I should be apologising. I was acting selfishly, I just reacted on my emotions without thinking of how it could effect you. I don't like seeing you upset, but I don't like being the reason for your sadness even more." You smile at him before pulling him into your embrace.

Both of you needed each other right now. Both of you needed to be close to one another. The feeling of warmth you get from each other was euphoric, it made all the issues you had disappear. Pulling away you gently hold his face, feeling him melt into your touch, your heart racing at the sight.

"I'm at fault as well. I disregarded your feelings, that isn't okay. You deserve to be treated with love and care as well Niki. If i was in your position I would probably have reacted the same way, don't think that you're a terrible person for reacting on human emotion." Niki's eyes fill with tears, you soon following suit.

Both of you felt so vulnerable at that moment, but it didn't faze you both. Finding a strange comfort in the moment. The world didn't matter, it wasn't there. At that current moment it was just you.

You and Niki.

Holding you close, Niki gathers the strength to say the words he's been yearning to say for years. Looking at you in arms, so comfortable, so peaceful, so beautiful.

"I love you. I love you so much."

[PERKS OF LOVING YOUR BEST FRIEND]