9.

Niki follows you both into the restaurant, in all honesty he doesn't want to be there anymore. He feels like he's not needed, not even involved even though he constantly tries to be apart of the conversation. All cause of Hyungjae.

Hyungjae was flirting with you, making you swoon over his charming personality. You didn't see the look of jealousy that was stuck on Niki's face. In fact you slowly forgot he was even there.

The sight made Niki's heart burn. Knowing that if he doesn't do something about this he could potentially be losing his chance, his chance he's worked so hard for while this random dude is able to do everything Niki's done all in a day? It didn't add up. Not one bit of it.

Looking over you see Niki next to you, completely out of the conversation. You had no idea he was there anymore, you felt a wave of guilt rush over you. You invited him out to join you and your friend, and here he is, ignored. By now you three had already ordered and finished eating, looking at the situation you slowly noticed what was going on.

Hyungjae and Niki weren't fond of each other. In better words both boys hated each other.

It upset you knowing you were mainly the reason for this situation to even occur. If you saw the signs of Niki's discomfort earlier maybe you could've stopped it, but it was already too late.

As Hyungjae was talking to you he stared over at Niki, seeing Niki sort of in his own world. He smirked, grabbing you and pulling you closer. You immediately felt uncomfortable with the sudden change of distance, trying to move away from him. The distance between the both of you slowly growing shorter.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Hyungjae pulls away looking over at Niki, his face filled with shock and disgust at what he was about to witness. "Doing what you can't even achieve since your childhood. After all you're just their pet. Waiting for their next command-

A gasp left your lips at what soon unfolded.

Hyungjae places his hand on his nose, feeling blood drip from it. The punch thrown towards his nose was the last thing he expected to see from the boy who he deemed to be nothing but a pet.

"W-what the fuck is wrong-

"Keep talking if you want your lip to bleed too." Niki snarled crouching down at the boy on the floor. "I'm not their fucking dog and I never will be" Smirking Hyungjae remarks.

"Then why are you barking like one?"

Niki raises his arm to throw another punch on him but stops,feeling a restraint behind him.

"Stop it!! Niki go! Please." Niki looked at you shocked. "Are you kidding me? He's done nothing but call me your pet all day! He's an asshole! Why are you defending him?" "I'm not! He's bleeding!you'll injure him more if you hit him agai-

"So you'll stay back and help out the dude that was  belittling your friend in front of you, made you uncomfortable and provoked me into hitting him?"

Your silence was deafening.

Niki laughed.

"Okay. Go take care of him. I'll see you later." Niki heads out the restaurant, hearing you shout out for him.

It hurt. It hurt so much.

The hurt of watching you take care of the one who not only hurt you but him also. He kept walking, walking all the way back home. He could feel himself breaking down.

This wasn't meant to happen. You both were doing so well just days before, how did this all happen?

Before he could get home he collapsed down on a alley wall, his limbs failing him as he slowly slid down to the ground, tears streaming down his face.

His heart ached, it hurt so much. Watching the only person in his life act like that for someone else. It wasn't fair. His heart rate sped up as his breathing began to turn into desperate breaths for air instead of a subconscious response.

The one thing he wished for to never occur was happening right in front of him, and he messed it up.

Later that night Niki didn't answer his phone, not knowing the amount of texts and missed calls from you. Each of them saying words of guilt, shame and regret.

Regret on not noticing the person who loved you sooner.

[PERKS OF LOVING YOUR BEST FRIEND]