8.

The next morning came around quicker than Niki wanted.

Getting himself ready he gives himself a prep talk before getting what he needs and heads out the door.

You texted him earlier that morning that you'll all meet up down town, saying to let you know when you get down there so you all can meet up at a place.

Once he got down town he felt a feeling overwhelming him. Was he making a mistake coming today? He pushed it aside as it shouldn't be that big of a issue, disregarding it as his nerves going haywire.

Texting you in front of a shop he sees you walking up to him, you looked so beautiful. He smiled at you, however that smile soon vanished seeing someone with you.

Hyungjae.

You weren't lying, he did look very charming. He was tall, taller than Niki by a inch or two, he had a strong build but not too muscular. His visuals made those drool on the floor around him.

He was the perfect guy.

Niki felt a wave of inferiority crash onto him, he felt like this was going to be how you tell him you were a relationship with him or at least being courted by him.

However he didn't want to lose you, he worked so hard to keep you as a friend. He can't lose you now. Not ever.

You both introduced yourselves, giving each other a firm handshake which felt like a warning from Hyungjae. His gaze was threatening, almost trying to intimidate him.

Was Hyungjae really threatening Niki in front of you?

Getting distracted by you heading of the boys followed shortly after.

Shop after shop you three went, with you leading the way. Walking into another clothing store you see a top that you've been eyeing for weeks, rushing to get it you found your size and head off to try it on, giving your bag to Niki to hold.

That was out of instinct at this point. Niki knew well that sometimes you just wanted to go all out and have some fun trying on stuff, so Niki helps you with that by bringing either an extra bag or carrying what would slow you down. He loved seeing your excitement about a piece of clothing that made you feel good, he loved the sight.

However what he didn't love was Hyungjae trying to take over the situation. Eyeing Niki's every move. Niki felt like he was on house arrest, feeling like Hyungjae had put a tag on his ankle so he could track his every move.

While changing into your outfits Hyungjae talks to Niki for the first time since their first hello's.

"So are you their pet or something?"

"What?"

"You heard me. Are you their pet or something? All you do is stare and follow their every command like a dog. It's embarrassing watching you both together honestly." Hyungjae snarled at him.

Niki felt embarrassed by the comment. Was he really just your pet to play with for a while? Is that why Hyungjae is even in the picture? To show him that Niki truely didn't mean anything to you?

"What makes you think that I'm their pet? You do know how disgusting it is to say that to someone you just met right?"

Hyungjae chuckled at Niki, not even fazed.

"Because you listen to their every command. Look at you! You literally got their stuff for them out of sheer instinct." Before Niki could do anything else you came back, paying for the clothes you wanted and heading towards the duo, oblivious to the sudden tension between them.

"Can we get something to eat? Haven't eaten all day." You whined out. Niki would've cooed if Hyungjae hadn't made those comments earlier, softly smiling instead.

"How about we go to-

"Hey can i take you to that little restaurant you wanted to go to," your eyes sparkled, looking at Hyungjae intently. "You remembered?! Yes can we please? I heard the desserts there are amazing!"

Niki felt like he was sticking out like a sore thumb with you two. It felt like he was third wheeling your guy's 'date'. Hyungjae's comments earlier slowly crept back into his mind.

Was he really only there for your benefit? Did you not love him? Was he only just your friend that you kissed?

Are friends meant to feel like this?

[PERKS OF LOVING YOUR BEST FRIEND]