6.

The next morning Niki woke up to you in his arms, fast asleep. The light was trying to make its way through the blinds, noting that a new day has begun.

He couldn't stop thinking of last night, how euphoric it was to be that close with you, something he yearned for day and night. He loved it.

What he didn't love was how confused he was overall about your relationship. Did that meant that you felt the same? Was it just a heat of the moment thing?

Are friends meant to do this?? Are friends meant to kiss and say sweet nothings to one another while cuddled up together?

It didn't make sense. He knew that you weren't seeing anyone else, he knew you well enough to know when you were hiding something from him. He's usually able to understand your body language and how you feel in any situation, but with this he's completely thrown off. He has no clue what to do or how to go about it. He had no clue if you liked him back let alone even found him attractive.

What if you only saw him as a good friend? What if you end up getting uncomfortable with him after last night? What if you find him gross? What if you leave him-

"Niki?" Your voice stops his mind from spiralling. Looking down at you he sees you rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. 'Cute' he thought.

Seeing you move in his arms he starts worrying. "Everything okay? Want me to move?" "No it's fine, let me open a window it's too hot." Niki almost whines feeling you leave him, the warmth from your body leaving as well. You quickly open a window, letting the cool breeze cool off your body. Running back to bed with Niki you lay next to him to get comfy in his embrace once more.

Smiling softly at you Niki decides that the 'what if's' can wait for another day, watching you slowly fall back asleep in his arms. With a kiss to your head Niki joins you not long after, finding your warmth comforting.

When you both wake up, you get some leftovers to eat. Niki heating up his pizza and wanting to grab your plate so he could do yours as well. Shaking your head he looks at you wide eyed. "You're not actually gonna eat that cold right?" "Yeah. It's nice cold." He scoffs, "you're weird."

"Niki you microwave almost every piece of fruit that you're given. That's weird dude." "It's more tasty that way! Don't judge me!" "Then don't judge me with eating cold pizza!" He looks at you in defeat. "Fine. I won't judge you for being wrong." He snickers, earning a look of shock from you. Laughing at your reaction he coos. "Ahhh cuteeee." Squishing your cheeks and you can't be mad at him anymore after his cute antics.

Putting your hands on his cheeks you squish them into a fish face, giggling at how he looked. Niki's heart skipped a beat hearing your giggles, it's definitely one of his favourite things to listen to. Niki puckers his lips at you like a fish, you joining him in the action before laughing.

Gently smiling you pull him down closer to you, leaving a peck on his lips. Niki freezes after realising what had happened. "Come on. Don't act like you weren't up late with me kissing last night." Niki felt like he was put on the spot, like a deer in headlights.

Quickly regaining his composure he pulls you close, his hands on your waist. Before doing anything else he stops and looks at you. You stare confused, "Why'd you stop?" Rubbing your hips gently he replies."I'll only do something if you want me to. Don't wanna force you into doing something cause I want to."

You're so glad that Niki's this gentle and caring of you, the fact that he's willing to refuse his own wants and needs for you makes your heart race. "You're not forcing me to do anything. I want you to kiss me stupid." Chuckling he leans closer, "Rather ask you. Makes me feel more comfortable."

You both were just inches apart at this point, any sudden movement and your lips would touch. Placing his forehead on yours he smiles, before proceeding to cover your face with kisses. You laugh before forcing his head away, placing your hands on his cheeks once more you whine.

"I want a real kiss." You see Niki smirking at you. "Yeah? You want a real kiss?" You nod, his smirk widened. Jokingly leaning in before pulling away from you, laughing at you whining.

"Okay I'm sorry baby. I'll kiss you now hm?" This time leaning in, placing his lips on yours gently.

You both stay like that, kissing till your hearts content. Your leftovers long forgotten on the counter. Just you two holding each other close, not wanting to let go.

It was perfect, so peaceful and loving.

[PERKS OF LOVING YOUR BEST FRIEND]