Chapter One

It was a hot sunny day on the island of Puerto Rico when Sofia woke up to get ready for work. Sofia was a beautiful Puerto Rican girl who lived in Barrio Aguacate in Aguadilla. She was 5'9 feet tall, and she was 28 years- old; she had dark blonde curly hair, her skin was a beautiful color of caramel, and big blue eyes. She lived in a pretty three-bedroom house with inside parking on the side of the house. She lived with her best friend Angela. Angela was 5'7 feet tall, and she was also 28 years old. Light-skinned girl with black wavy hair and nice brown eyes. They were gorgeous, to say the least. Both their parents had passed away. Sofia's dad had died in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. He passed away when Sofia was only 25 years old. She already had a career for herself and her dad left her financially set. Angela's mother passed away from a stroke at the age of 45; when Sofia was only 20 years old. She had stood with her dad until he passed away at the age of 50 from a heart attack. Both girls had a very hard time when they lost their parents. Angela didn't want to live alone for the time being and one morning she made Sofia an offer.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. I haven't been 100% honest with you. I haven't had the best time since my dad died. I don't want to live alone right now."

Angela looked at her friend with so much sadness and got upset because she lied to her. She always tried to make sure she never felt alone

"Why haven't you told me?"

Sofia looked at her friend with so much hurt and pain.

"I want to rent out my house for a little while, save some money and help you while you help me. I just need the company for a little while. I promise the minute you want me out I leave."

They have been friends since they were little girls, she always thought that they didn't have secrets.

"You know, you don't need to help me with anything, and you know my doors are always open for you. Just don't keep any more secrets from me."

Sofia worked at a center that helps men change their lives as they get out of incarceration. She helped them get jobs, go back to school, and whatever they needed help with, Sofia got it done. While Angela was a paralegal, she would send inmates to finish their last six months in Sofia's center. and try to change their lives for the better. They both loved their jobs and did them well. Sofia loved her job, she loved giving men hope after incarceration. She loved changing lives for the better. Angela told Sofia one sunny morning

"Hey girl, so I have this new client I'm trying to partner with and we all need to have a meeting since he can be a great help to the center. His name is Luis and I believe his story is inspiring to some but anyways he wants to help our community. Let me know when we can all meet, but you should be meeting him this morning, it can be a very successful deal."

Sofia always liked good and successful clients and stories; she loved her job. She finished getting ready for work.

When she got to work, she noticed this handsome tall guy waiting for her. He was dark skin, 5'11 feet tall, and nicely put together.

"Hi, good morning, how can I help you?"

The guy stood up and handed out his hand and looked at Sofia

"Hi my name is Luis Delgado and I was told by Ang~."

Sofia stopped him and finished the sentence

"Angela, yes she told me this morning about you, please come on in!"

Luis was very successful at what he did. He was in the bank business. Every year he looked for a center to help and get fond of the community. He also had a job agency that helped inmates find employment after incarceration. Luis's mother passed away when he was just 14 years old. He had to tend to himself. He wanted to finish school and have a nice career but he also needed to feed himself and try not to lose his mother's house. He couldn't lose the only thing he had left from his mother. He was too young to get a job, so he sold drugs as a necessity, he sold drugs to survive. But had made a promise to his mother's memory. As soon as he was able to work, he would stop selling drugs and try to be a better person. He sold drugs and paid the bills and saved the rest for a really rainy day. They both walked into her office as she closed the door behind them.