Chapter Eight

A few months had passed and Ismael had turned one year old and Angela's due date was approaching. Both couples were as happy as can be. Luis and Sofia were happily married; their son was starting to take his first steps. Carlos and Angela had gotten engaged and were soon to be married. Their engagement was as pretty and romantic as Sofia's. One night Carlos had asked Angela for dinner, she was about seven months pregnant and that night she wore a nice white and black pregnancy cute summer dress and some royal blue sandals. She pulled back a ponytail and lip gloss on her lips. When he saw her that night, she blew his mind away.

"You both look gorgeous."

She was puzzled by what he said.

What do you mean?"

He smiles and kisses her belly.

"You and our daughter look amazing."

It was a perfect night for them.He had reserved a table at Carli's Fine Bistro for them. He had a small gift bag for her. He wanted to incorporate their daughter in the proposal. He got little pink sandals. He had an engagement ring in both sandals. It was the cutest thing ever. They had sat down for dinner and enjoyed their evening. After they had dinner as they waited in the desert, he handed over the gift bag with a little pink box and a white bow around it.

"Babe, what's this?"

He got on his knees as she opened the little box. I know in the beginning of this journey I was a hot mess but I said it then and I say it now; this is where I need to be. I and Maritza want to know if you would do the honor of marrying us?"

They had decided to name their daughter after his mom.

Her eyes filled with tears when she looked at his beautiful brown eyes.

"Yes, I would love to marry you both, I don't want anything more."

She had a glass of sparkling water and he had a glass of champagne to toast.

It turned out to be better than expected.

Two months passed from their engagement. Sofia and Luis were getting ready for a family vacation when Carlos called Sofia.

"It's time, the baby is coming, can you meet us at the hospital?"

She had to go; she couldn't leave her brother alone in this. She spoke to Luis and told him they will leave as soon as their baby arrives.

"I promise we'll leave as soon as I get back."

When she arrived at the hospital, she found Carlos waiting in the lobby. She didn't know why he wasn't in the room with her.

"What's going on? Why are you out here and not with her?"

"They got her ready for an emergency C-section, the baby's heart was dropping. I should be with her soon."

Not long after that the nurse came to get Carlos and Sofia waited in the lobby. A few hours later Carlos came out with a smile on his face and hugged his sister.

"I have a beautiful baby girl, sis!"

He was happy as can be. They waited for Angela to get to her actual room. Sofia waited to congratulate her; she had a vacation to attend. When Angela came into the room, Sofia hugged her and congratulated her.

"Congratulations! I can't wait to meet her; I hear she's gorgeous."

The nurse walked in with the baby and handed her to Angela. As Sofia and Carlos went to admire her.