Chapter Five

The next morning, Luis sees Carlos in the kitchen

"Good morning, I'm not sure what your plans are but I have a huge surprise for your sister, meaning you can most likely stay in this house. It's something I have to talk to her about but that's only if you are comfortable with it."

Her brother liked the idea and was grateful for everything they were doing for him.

"Thanks, man, honestly I don't even have the head to be looking for a house or apartment at this moment."

Luis asked him to keep it a secret because he had something planned.

The days with Carlos around were bittersweet moments, Carlos was down and depressed but she also understood his pain.

"How are you feeling? I know it's been rough and all."

He tore as he replied

"I miss my family, Sofia."

It broke her heart just to look at him. She wished there was something she could do for him. She had suggested a couple of times to go out for walks or hang out with Angela. He denied it most of the time. One afternoon he had asked Sofia to get a hold of Angela and see if she wanted to grab some lunch.

"Hey Angie, Carlos wants to know if you want to do lunch in about twenty minutes and catch up on things since it's been a while?"

It has been a few weeks since the situation with Jay happened. She hadn't been out. But Carlos was a familiar face and it was nice to go out with someone.

"Sure, just send me the location and I will be there."

Carlos left to go and have lunch with Sofia and get some fresh air.

That afternoon they went to Cinco Restaurant to have lunch. Carlos noticed how pretty she looked that afternoon.

"You look nice, how have you been?"

Sofia had told Carlos about the situation with Jay, so he can be gentle with her, but also told him not to mention it.

"I'm going, to be honest; I have had better days. How about you?"

He couldn't agree more with her because he was feeling the same way she was, he has had better days as well.

"I never felt those words as deeply as I felt them tonight. You know I just lost my family in a fire? It hasn't been easy these past few months. But time heals all wounds. What's your story?"

She hadn't talked to anyone about Jay other than Sofia and Luis, she was somewhat embarrassed, to say the least. But he talked about his loss and made her feel comfortable telling her story.

"Not sure if your sister mentioned anything to you, but I just got out of an abusive relationship, I was a bit hurt; he also destroyed my house. He is serving time for what he did to me. So, now I'm just in the healing process."

They talked for a little while longer; exchanged numbers and went their separate ways. Meanwhile back at the house; Luis, came home for lunch to have his time with Ismael. Sofia walked into the nursery and saw him rocking Ismael on the rocking chair.

"You look handsome as a daddy; did you know that?"

She walks into the room and kisses him.

"Want to have a date night tonight?"

She loved date nights with him.

"I would love to join you for dinner."

She then kissed him and left him with Ismael. She went to do some light shopping and have some girl time with Angela.