Chapter 5

TW: Blood, drugs, knives, ect.

This chapter is kind of cringy, so please read with caution.

Stay safe <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat there alone for about 5 minutes before he came back with another man.

I was too tired and worried to keep faking confidence, so I sat there silently, trying to control my anxiety.

"Adeline, this is my brother, Hunter," Officer Thompson said, "He's going to take care of your arm for you."

That made me panic.

Ever since I can remember, I've had a terrible fear of doctors.

I've only been to the doctor a few times in my life, but every experience was awful.

They would hurt me on purpose and sedate me when I didn't cooperate.

I hated it with a burning passion.

They could probably tell by the look on my face that I was nervous, but I didn't really care.

I was not going to let them hurt me.

"Hi, sweetheart." Hunter smiled.

"Hi." I said quietly with a small fake smile.

And that's when I heard the screaming.

"I would never hurt my daughter!" My psychotic mother screamed from somewhere in the police station.

"Why would we do that?!" Scott yelled, "We were just in court for this. I swear we would never do that to her; she's crazy!"

I took a deep breath, trying to ignore them.

"Why don't you come with me, so we can get that arm of yours taken care of?" Hunter suggested slowly, making me slowly stand and follow him out of the room.

I silently followed Hunter to a first-aid room, wondering how he knew his way around the police station.

"Hop up on the bed for me please." He said nicely, going over to a sink to wash his hands.

But I froze.

I couldn't make myself move even if I wanted to.

I soon felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, making me flinch.

"We're just going to talk, ok?" Hunter said gently, making me nod a little.

I was embarrassing myself big time.

So, I sucked it up, and sat on the first-aid bed.

Hunter smiled and sat on a chair in front of me.

"So, Adeline, what do you like to do?" He asked with a smile.

"I like ice-skating." I said quietly, trying to ignore my anxiety.

"That sounds fun," He said, "What else do you like to do?"

I thought about it for a minute, then I realized I don't really do much other than school.

"I like school." I said, twirling the ring on my finger.

"What's your favorite subject?" He asked, still smiling as he moved a light over my arm.

"Science." I said quietly, watching him start taking stuff out of his bag.

He kept talking to me calmly as he got the stuff ready, trying not to let me see it.

But as soon as he sat in front of me again, my anxiety skyrocketed.