Chapter 20

Yet another very cringy chapter!

Enjoy 😊

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a very boring day of school, I was in a limo with Winston, going to the cemetery.

Noah and Daxton had invited some of their friends to the mansion, which of course made me a little nervous, but I didn't say anything.

I was still very tired, and my hand and head hurt, but I wouldn't dare tell Hunter that.

When we got to the cemetery, Winston stayed in the car while I went to Jack's grave.

I sat on the ground next to the headstone, looking at the flower in my hand.

"Hey, um, I'm back," I said quietly, not knowing why I was talking like he was here, "I just wanted to say hi, and tell you that I haven't forgotten about you. I promise, no matter what, I will never forget about you."

A cold breeze blew through the empty graveyard, making me shiver a little.

"I'll be back soon, but I just wanted to say hi," I said quietly, looking at the ground where he was buried, "I love you."

I set the flower by the headstone, got off the ground, and walked back to the car.

The car ride to the mansion was silent, only the sound of a light drizzle hitting the windshield could be heard.

Once we got there, I thanked Winston and went inside.

I was greeted with a loud, ear-piercing screech.

"Wow." I whispered to myself.

I went to 'my' room, not wanting to bother anyone.

Once I changed into more comfortable clothes, I sat on the bed, and played on my phone.

After a few minutes I heard a small knock on the door, making me say a quiet 'come in,' before the door was pushed open.

"Hey, are you ok?" Ace asked with a small smile.

I nodded, giving him a small smile in return.

"The twins wanted you to meet their other friends if you feel like it." He said, "Don't feel like you have to, because they will understand if you don't want to."

"Thank you." I said quietly, smiling lightly.

"They're in the family room if you're interested." He said with a smile before leaving.

I really didn't feel like talking to anyone right now, but I didn't want to be rude, so I got off the comfortable bed, and slowly made my way downstairs.

When I got there, I saw Charlie, Noah, Daxton, Chance, Bryan, and Jay sitting on the floor in front of the T.V., playing some kind of video game.

On the couch, I saw two more boys that I didn't know, and none other than Elizabeth.

"Adeline," Noah said with a smile, "Come here."

I awkwardly moved to sit next to him, feeling very uncomfortable around these people.

"That's Matt, Elijah, and their sister, Elizabeth." Daxton said, introducing me to the three kids on the couch.

"Guys, this is our sister Adeline." Noah said.

"Oh, Adeline, we haven't seen each other in so long," Elizabeth said with her stupidly annoying voice, "It's nice to see you again.

I barely nodded with the smallest fake smile, not wanting to put up with this right now.