four

please review trigger warnings before reading

Daisy Weasley

SUMMER after the battle of hogwarts intensive psychiatric unit st mungos hospital ——————————————————————

SUMMER
after the battle of hogwarts
intensive psychiatric unit
st mungos hospital
——————————————————————

The healer I was assigned to wore muggle clothing. Perhaps to make me feel better about... what I did. To make me feel more comfortable.

When I was transferred here, I was placed in my own room. I wondered how Mum and Dad could afford it, but I was trying to let that slide in my brain. For now, at least.

The healer, that I already forgotten the name of, lips pressed into a tight smile as she spoke softly to me. "And how are you feeling, Daisy?"

I took a deep, shuddering breath in and then responded, "I feel fine. I'm... fine."

The healer nodded, then wrote something down on her big doctor-looking notepad with a magical quill. She cleared her throat before looking up at me again, "I would like to start you on some medication. Would be open to trying something?"

I shrugged again. The hospital issued nightgown loose on my small frame. My bandaged arm still sore from what happened and the surgery that I was recovering from. "I guess so."

The person who I have seen since it happened was Mum, Dad and Ron. Ron didn't leave my side until I had the repair surgery. Mum wouldn't stop fake smiling, adding more stress to me. I wondered who cleaned up all the blood. I hope it wasn't her.

Because all I could do was say I was sorry, over and over and over again. It was truthful. Sorry that I was still alive after failing. Sorry that I had to put them through this now. Sorry for putting more stress onto their lives.

But the fight that Harry had with me before I did it made me ill. It made me want to vomit. His words only now ringing true. He was right. Harry was always right.

I was shipwrecked with no one to save me. Drowning and growing trying to swim back to shore where everyone had left me. I couldn't keep my head above the water.

I glanced down at the orange colored bottle, but didn't pick it up. My energy was low. The label had my full name and my birthdate on the side. "That's... Is that muggle medicine?"

The healer nodded again, noting something down. "How about we talk about what happened to get you in this mental state."

I pulled on my sleeve again. "I don't.. I don't know where to start."

What hurt the most wasn't the fact that I somehow survived. It wasn't that Ron used extreme magic to save me, only resulting in more damage to my arm. I never asked him to save me. I didn't think that far.

What hurt the most was that in blink of an eye I was just supposed to accept it and deal with it until I come to terms with it.

Well, I haven't.... And I'm over feeling this way. I'd like to be the Daisy Weasley I was in fourth year. I'd like the be the Daisy Weasley who had the best time at the Yule Ball.