Ch.9-The Crimson Paw (V.2)

The group had just arrived at the prison and were being processed.

Shark:I can't believe we got double-crossed by a tiny rodent.

Snake:Oh, we got double-crossed by a rodent all right,but, uh, not a tiny one. Two actually. A small one, and a big one.

Wolf:What?

Snake:This was supposed to be us conning Marmalade. It turns out it was Wolf and Raccoon conning us. Does that sound familiar to you two?

Julie:Why-why would you think that?

Snake:Oh, I don't know, maybe because you guys just sabotaged the biggest heist of our lives. I think you two owe us an explanation.

Wolf:Okay. You're right. This is what happened. Back in the museum, we just tried to steal an old lady's purse.

Julie:You know, a classic villain routine.

Tarantula:Tried to? Since when do either of you try to steal something and not just steal it?

Wolf:We we're trying to steal the purse when the old lady fell and...

Julie:We kinda helped her...

Snake:What?

Wolf:We kind of helped her

Piranha:But then you stole her purse.

Wolf:(chuckling)No, we didn't. We saved the old lady, and she hugged us, and my tail wagged-

Julie:And I blushed-

Wolf:-but it felt, uh, you know... good.

Shark, Tarantula and Piranha gasped.

Piranha:Ah. But then you stole the purse.

Group:NO!

Snake:You know, I heard what the pig said to you two about cutting the rest of us loose.

Shark:Wait. Like, "us" us?

Snake:But I never thought you guys actually do it.

Julie:What?

Wolf:Hey, hey, hey, hey. W-we would never... we were trying to...we were trying to find us a better life.

Snake:Our life was perfect until you two decided to ruin it.

Julie:We didn't.

Wolf:You guys felt it at the gala. The clapping, the cheering. We were more than... than just scary villains. They loved us.

Julie:Yeah, wasn't it nice to be liked for once?

Snake:Oh, yeah? If they loved us so much, how come we're in prison for a crime we didn't commit? You know what? I'll give Marmalade this. At least he sees the world for what it is: a place where some people are scary and some people are scared.

Wolf:Oh, yeah? Well, I'm tired of being scary. I'm-I'm tired of being an outcast.

Julie:And I'm tired of being treated like garbage by everyone around us. Maybe we don't want to be a...

Snake:What? Bad Guys? Don't want to be Bad Guys anymore, huh? Say it, either of you. Say it.

The two kept silent.

Snake:Yeah, I thought so. And us, your lifelong friends/family? We're just holding you back?

Wolf and Julie:Yeah, maybe you are!

The rest of the crew were in shock.

Julie:S-Snake, we didn't...

Snake coiled around the two, who began to fight Snake.