| 2 | Bloody Trip

The Man In The Picture:
Benicio Richmunds

'How can we go to Harquilia now? Fort Branc is in ruins, we cannot go there anymore.' Aleksander disturbed by his thoughts, tries to reassemble all his plans on tackling the new situation. Not noticing Benicio behind his back carrying chopped wood, he says, "Aleksander, are you okay?".

"Yeah, why?" he responded with such a low-toned down voice. Benicio could see Aleksander's upset feelings, he feels like he has to do something to make him feel better. "You look like something is bothering you," he says as he places down the woods beside the makeshift campfire.

"We can't go to Fort Branc anymore."

"Huh?!" he said with a loud voice that echoed through the spruce forest.

Aleksander immediately grabbed Benicio down to his lap and covered his mouth. "Your voice, keep it down," he whispered in his right ear. Benicio was left panicking as he was held down in such a state, being held in an awkward position with a man who could easily take him down. "Don't have any misunderstandings, I don't like guys." Aleksander continues.

He lets Benicio off but gets hugged back by him. "Don't do that again, please." Benicio wets Aleksander's shirt with his tears.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, but please lower your voice so that the wieders don't find us." he apologizes as he cuddles him up to comfort him. "Come on now, we need to fire that up before it gets dark."

"Okay," Benicio mutters in between Aleksander's chest, to which it warms up Aleksander.

...

The campfire is now lit up, it glows up the eerie and cold forest. Hopes of being safe all night haunt Aleksander, but having Benicio lightens up his tense chaotic mind.

Some ingredients have been prepared by both of them, while the pot of water boils. "I'll start cooking this thing," he says and he grills the meat on the rack. "There's some clean water on the side as well if you're thirsty."

"You seem to be a good cook, aren't you? How'd you learn to cook?" Aleksander tries to get closer by trying to have a small talk, and also to share warmth in the cold breeze of the night.

"My mom taught me," he replied but avoided any eye contact- embarrassed by what happened earlier.

Aleksander took the advantage and asked, "Are you avoiding me?". Bumped his shoulder faintly but looked like a flirt.

"No, duh. Why would I-... Nothing." Benicio stopped as he noticed that the approach was quite weird and suspicious. But Aleksander kept his interest in the young man.

To break the awkward silence, Benicio turns the topic around; "Can you tell me something about you? I kinda don't know a lot about you.". A surprised face Aleksander gave him but replied to his question, saying, "So, I'm 34 and a widower. I thought I was going to be the dad I wished to be, but I guess it won't come true after all.". Hearing those words left Benicio in sorrow and regret for asking that question. "My wife and soon-to-be daughter died because the bus she was taking got in an accident on the way to the hospital. I didn't even have the chance to say goodbye since I was in the military." he held his cup with a tight grip after saying those words. "How about you?"

"Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that." Benicio tries to wipe his tears and takes a glance at the old man. The glow of the fire, sparkles as it reflects on Benicio's tear-stained cheeks. Aleksander helped him wipe his tears, using his rough big hands. "Don't cry, I'm all good now. Don't worry about me." his deep raspy voice comes to comfort the crying man. "Anyway, I would like to know you more as well."