| 5 | The Camp

Benicio's POV;

His touch, his lips in mine still can't get out of my head. Everytime I look at him, my stomach is always full of butterflies. Whenever I avoid it, I can't get rid of it. Its inevitable.

SURVIVOR'S CAMP IN
FARAIM | 3:00 PM

I have a bad feeling towards Charon.
The look she gave me when she introduced herself feels like she'll do something unexpected.

"Name?" a survivor asked while writing in some sort of journal.

"Benicio Richmunds." I replied.

"You can go in."

"Thanks?" I said, as I walked inside of this kind of lively survivor's camp.

This camp consists of more than 50 people and they're helping each other to survive. They have their own roles; Farmers, Medics, Guards, Cooks, and the Leader. I'm curious and impressed on how they built this camp from scratch.

I can hear the flow of the water in the nearby river. I remembered in class that the best place to stay for the night when this happens is that there must be a nearby water source like roaring rivers and waterfalls since the zombies are blind, but their hearing is the most clearest and best of all creatures.

Aleksander showed up out of nowhere and held my hand, "Benicio, let's get our things and equipment in the car."

"Why? Are we giving it to them?"

"No, so that no one tries to steal our supplies." Aleksander whispered.

Thank goodness he finally cared for the both of us. Wait, how about Charon? "Is Charon staying here at the camp?"

"Yes, buddy."

"And I won't see your ugly face again, Benicio." Charon sarcastically smiled and brush off her hair in front of my face then walked off.

"I told you to be nice earlier when we met her, buddy. Now she hates you." Aleksander looked at me disappointed.

"I just asked about her?! Does that mean I'm bad mouthing her? But I'm not gonna lie, I feel something bad about her." I protested.

"She's a good girl. Let her be." Aleksander walked off towards the car to bring the backpacks to our cottage.

I immediately helped him and followed him. "Fine." I sighed.

We dropped off our bags at the cottage and Aleksander went out and talked with the leader.

Sighs, he's playing with my feelings. Charon walked up beside me and sat on the stairs. "Hey, Benicio. Oh wait, I mean buddy." said Charon.

"Are you here to say shit or something? And don't you ever call me 'buddy'." I sarcastically smiled.

"Nope, I just wanna say sorry for being a bitch." continued Charon. "Anyways, how are you two aren't together? I mean Aleksander is so handsome, and you are- oh wait, simple."

"Could you stop mentioning my name with Aleksander? Second, don't you dare tease or make jokes about me or else I could put a grenade in your mouth. Last, is that I feel like you are not a good person."