Chapter 10: Bon voyage

The next day we all wake up late and decide to head to Luke's with the car, because of the rain. But as we drive there my mom suddenly stops looking at the town square. There under a giant tent, the whole town is standing, clapping and cheering at us, while Zack and Jackson run towards the car with umbrellas protecting them from the rain. We get out of the car and go to the others with them. "Surprise!" everyone yells. "What is this?!" I ask still amazed. "This is your going away party." Sookie explains. "Wow, Sookie this is amazing. Thank you." "Oh, don't thank me. Thank Luke. He put it all together. Even made this tent when we learned it's going to rain." At that my mom looks in Luke's direction, wearing an expression I'm to stunned to read right now. The party is amazing. I said goodbye to everybody and introduced Logan to the people that didn't know him already. Even my grandparents came. I danced and gave a speech, starting to cry and thanking everyone for being so amazing. After that Taylor gave a very disturbing speech, about how the town is birthing me into the real world. But I heard Logan mutter "That man is fascinating." making me smile. The party went on until late in the evening.

The next morning the three of us got up very early, to go to Luke's one last time before I'm leaving. There was no one else at the diner yet, because it was about 5 in the morning, so we had the whole place to ourselves. As Luke was serving us coffee, I noticed the looks he and my mom where exchanging. "So, you two are back together?" I flat-out ask, catching them both of guard. But after looking at each other, they smile and nod. "Good, you were both being idiots." I retort making Logan almost spit out his coffee with laughter. After having a long breakfast, Logan and my mom drove me to the bus, where a lot of other reporters had already arrived. We said a quite tearful goodbye and I got on the bus just before it took off. This is it. This is the real world. This is a real job as a reporter. Though I am unbelievably scared, I'm also incredibly excited.