Chapter 12: Weddings and stuff

"Mom!" I shake her awake. "Uhh, what are you doing?" she grunts. "It's 5 in the morning." Luke's grumble comes from the other side of the bed. "Mom, I'm freaking out. I am too young to get married. I am 24 years old. I don't even have a permanent job. I am a freelance writer. Me and Logan did long distance for almost two years, I am only back for two months and we are getting married today! But I mean, I love him. I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I want to start a family with him. Oh my god we didn't even really talk about kids yet. I mean, we had a short talk and agreed we both want them some day. But we didn't talk specifics. And, if I know I want to spend my life with him, why rush it? I mean, wh..." "Ugh, hon, I love you. But it's 5 in the morning, let us sleep! You don't have to freak out. Like you said, you love Logan and want to spend the rest of your life with him. So why should you wait?" mom interrupts my rambling. After taking a deep breath, I respond. "Yeah, you're right." taking a short pause, then speaking in an excited tone. "I'm getting married today." "Yes, you are. But not for another few hours. Get back to bed and let us sleep!" she grumbles in her pillow and Luke gives an agreeing grunt. With that, I leave their bedroom and walk back down the stairs. I know she is right, but she doesn't know what I do. I don't think I can tell Logan before the wedding. But could I wait till after? It's not a bad thing. I mean, we didn't plan on it happening so soon, but we're not kids anymore. We can handle this. We're getting married today and we both earn money and can provide for ourselves. Yes, I don't have a permanent job, but I make good money from my freelancing gigs. Still, I am freaking out. Until the image of a little blue-eyed baby with a blond head of hair pops into my head. I am getting married today, and I'm gonna be a mom. A smile spreads on my lips.

After catching another few hours of sleep, we arrive at the venue at 10. "This time, I knew we could change here." Luke says in triumph, while walking to the changing rooms. "Rory, Love, so good to see you!" I hear a familiar voice with an Australian accent. I turn around and see Logans two best friends walking towards us. "Finn, Colin, so glad you're here. Do you know if Logan is here yet?" I ask hugging both of them. "Well, about that, he kind of freaked out and hopped on a plane." Colin says casually. "What?!" I ask, freaking out. "Wow, Love, don't worry. We're just joking. He is in the changing room getting ready, relax." Finn tries calming me down, but I shoot both of them a death glare. "You never joke with a bride on her wedding day." my mother adds. "Sorry, but really, everything is ok. He was freaking out earlier, but Honor talked him down." "Yeah, we've got things under control." the guys explain. "Don't joke like that again!" I warn them and head to the changing room.

The ceremony was starting at 2 pm. That meant I had four hours to get ready. In those hours, my bridesmaids, Lane, Paris and April arrived. I became pretty close with April the last year and a half. She is kind of my stepsister, even though Luke and mom aren't actually married. After them my dad and Gigi, who will be the flower girl, came. I am also closer with dad then I ever was before, we talked a lot and I visited him and Gig, when the trail led through Boston. And since Adam, Honors son, was only a few months old, we decided to make Gigi the flower girl and forgo the ring bearer. Thinking of cute, little Adam, makes me freak out again. There's still an hour till the wedding, and I'm not wearing my dress yet. I have to tell him now. "I have to go to the bathroom." I excuse myself and walk out the door, leaving six slightly confused people behind, knowing there is a bathroom attached to the room.

Logan's POV

One hour till the wedding. I was kind of freaking out earlier, but now I'm excited. Though, I am still very nervous. In an hour, I am going to be married. And not just to anyone. I'm marrying Rory. My Ace. The love of my life. The only woman I could ever imagen spending the rest of my life with. As I stand in front of the mirror, fixing my tie deep in thought, I don't even notice Finn, Colin and Steff goofing around, or Honor and Josh doting on my cute nephew. I don't even notice the nock on the door, until Rory steps in the room. "Hey, sorry, I know we aren't supposed to see each other, but I need to talk to you." she says worry in her voice. With a confused and worried frown on my face I ask the others "Could you give us a minute?" They nod, and leave the room, just as confused looking as I am. After the door is shut, Rory comes over to stand in front of me. She doesn't have her dress on yet, but my breath still hitches as I see how beautiful she is. "What's wrong Ace?" I ask, worry evident in my voice. She takes a deep breath and then starts, "Nothing is wrong. Well, not really wrong. I just have to tell you before we get married. I mean, we talked about it. But we said one day, we didn't plan on this so soon. And things are still up in the air a bit. We live in New York now, but you said the company might want you in London soon, so we don't even know where we gonna live in a year. And we're still so young, we didn't plan this. I only found out this morning. I had the suspicion for a while now, but only took the test this morning. I couldn't wait any longer. I mean, I was late and I was craving apples. And then I couldn't sleep and just took the test and it was positive." she rambled, not even stopping to catch her breath. First, I am even more confused. What was she late for, and what test was she talking about? But then it clicked and my eyes widen. "You're pregnant?" I whisper, not wanting to jinx it. She looks me in the eyes and nods slowly. After a few seconds, a wide grin spreads on my lips, I step forwards and press my lips on hers, my arms snaking around her waist. Caught by surprise, she doesn't respond to the kiss at first. But then her lips soften and she kisses me back with just as much passion. After a long time, we break apart, and her amazing blue eyes meet mine. She grins at me "We're going to have a baby." she whispers, her eyes glazing over a bit. "We're going to have a baby." I respond and kiss her again. We spend another few minutes in each other's arms, but then realize there is a wedding happening in only 45 minutes. Before she leaves, I have to ask. "Ace, are we telling anyone yet?" She thinks for a moment, "No, I think we should wait until after I go to the doctor." Nodding in agreement, I kiss her a last time before she walks out the door and I get back to fixing my tie.