21 (Selene)

I was dead asleep until the sounds of pans and cabinets started clanging and banging in the kitchen downstairs. I'm not the heaviest sleepier, so I noticed the shuffling around right away, no matter how big a house. I waited to see if the sounds would stop, but when they didn't I decided to get up and see what was going on.

By the time I made it to the stairs and began quietly descending, the kitchen had gone quiet, but I was invested now and decided to still head over. When I peeked in I sighed at the realization of the ruckus and its culprit. 

A very intoxicated Andrew was now sitting on the ground with his head resting against the bottom cabinet with an uncracked egg in his hand. 

There was a pan out on the stove that wasn't turned on. He clearly had the idea to make himself some food, but he seemed to lose steam before he got there. He was lightly snoring.

        "Andrew" I whispered, hoping it would stir him. Nothing. I walked further inside and bent to grab the egg. It easily released from his hand since he was truly asleep right now on the ground. I nudged him with my foot, but he still slept soundly. 

Why me? I sighed. I tried reaching for his arm to drag him to his feet. 

"Come on, Andrew, wake up" I got him to stir. "You fell asleep in the kitchen. Go upstairs" I reminded him of where he was at.

        "Trisha? Oh, woah, weird....I forgot you were here. I thought you were your mom" he snorted with a laugh. Forgetting me didn't come to me as a shock. Thinking I was my mother took me off guard. "Did you need help heading upstairs?" I asked him. 

He grabbed my arm, but didn't get up on his feet. I decided to make him grab the floor and lift himself by at least coming up onto his knees. He did me one better and fully stood up even though he was teetering.

        I held tightly onto him while he held onto the counter. "Are we gonna cook?" he slurred. "No. You need sleep. If you wanna eat then eat some bread to soak up the liquor. You'll thank me tomorrow" I told him, moving away to grab some bread. He held me close to him, so I couldn't accomplish that task. 

"You gotta let go so I can grab you food" I reminded him. 

"Oh, very very kind, little one" he rubbed my head and messed up my hair. "I'm not 'little' one. Stop calling me that" I frowned. He looked down at my small frame and laughed.

"You're this high and this small" his hands cupped my waist to show how large his hands were in comparison. "I could lift you up without a problem" he motioned to prove it to me, but I quickly stopped him. "You're too drunk to stand without wavering and you think I'm going to let you pick me up? No. uh uh" I wagged my finger at him.

        In his distracted manner I grabbed the bread I was aiming for and gave him a piece. He started snacking right away. I put away the egg and the pan back before motioning for him to head upstairs. He was leaning against the counter and his posture was slack like he might just pass out again, so I decided to grab onto him and help walk him out of the kitchen.

 "If I fall over I will crush you" he laughed with small red rimmed eyes.

"You're rock solid, so I believe it" I noted his firm torso I was holding, and the heavy arm around my shoulder clutching me at his side. "Rock solid huh? I can think of something that can get rock sol-" he slurred, but I slapped my hand over his mouth. 

"Do not. Do not speak" I warned him. There was mischief playing in his eyes.

        I kept shushing him the entire way over to the foyer and up the stairs. That foyer echos, and it was far too late at night to disturb anyone. I thought we might both tumble down the stairs while I tried to walk a 6'3 ft man up them by myself. "Your friend didn't drive right? He got home ok?" I figured I'd ask.