58 (Arizona) (Double)

Porter seemed upset with my presence, which had been such a drastic change to how he'd been all day. I heard James and Porter quietly arguing in the next room. "Dude, she did everything. You've been a fucking mess" James whispered. 

"Yeah, I'm aware. She shouldn't have been in my bed though. She's my damn employee" Porter whisper-shouted.

"You asked her to" James defended me. "I know. I know I did. I'm not in my right mind" he huffed. "Oh shut up and admit you want her here" James snorted at his best friend. I felt awkward with Porter clearly not wanting me here at all.

I walked in the room just after and said, "It's okay, Mr. Porter. I just wanted to stay until you were well enough to be on your own. Or at least, with someone watching over you...just in case" I picked at the hem of Porter's t-shirt I was wearing. 

I was too small for his clothes, and it was more like a short dress than a tee.

        "I can't stay, Arizona. Ashley is waiting for me" James lied. I know what he's trying to do. "Oh" I said, looking between the two of them. "I don't mind staying," I said softly, almost embarrassed to admit that to my boss. I sounded like I really wanted this. I do. "I'm too high for this shit. I needa sit. You figure it out" Porter waved us off and walked to his couch. 

"Stay," James whispered to me. "He doesn't want me to" I whisper-shouted to him.

"He does! He just doesn't wanna admit it" James whisper-shouted back. We started quietly bickering and pushing at the other to go be with him until James quit joking around and said, "You know Porter pretty damn well, Arizona. If he didn't want you here he would've kicked you out long ago."

"Do you want to stay?" he asked me now. I looked down at my bare feet and shrugged. "Be honest" he whispered and nudged me to look up. "I do," I admitted. "Then go to him" he tipped his chin in Porter's direction. I nodded and walked quietly over.

        "Wanna watch something or sleep?" I asked him, sitting on the couch beside him. He glanced over his shoulder at James who was calling the elevator then back at me. "You can put something on" he agreed, but didn't address my staying here. 

I nodded and tucked my leg underneath me to get more comfortable on the sofa. Porter had a second remote that controls the lights and surround sound speakers and such. 

He dimmed the lights which illuminated the television better.

        "Arizona," he called my name in his serious voice. I didn't look at him, I stayed looking at the screen while deciding what to watch. "Hm?" I asked. 

"Nobody can know about this" he told me the familiar words I've heard before. "About you getting high or that I'm here" I turned and asked him. Our eyes met for the first time in a while and the red around his blue irises made them pop even more. 

"Both." I just nodded and looked back at the screen.

        "I'm still too fucked up to discuss it, but we're gonna have a word about why the hell you had weed candies on your desk" he warned me. He sounded like the normal Porter here, but I knew he was still too fuzzy and unfocused.

        "If you aren't comfortable being here you need to tell me now. You work for me. I need to know you want to be here" he explained suddenly. I glanced up at him and fidgeted at the truth. "I want to be here," I confessed. 

"Do you want me here?" I asked back. He looked at me for a minute without saying anything. 

"Please Porter, just be honest. I need to know if you don't want me here" I turned toward him and touched his forearm as I spoke. He looked down at it next.