68 (Arizona)(Double)

All of last night I kept replaying that kiss in my mind. We didn't talk about it again, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen, and we both know it. Porter was coming in later this morning because he was with David doing something else. I was instructed to archive a few things, but by the time I came out Porter was walking across the office.

I'd sat down at my desk and was looking down, but when I heard something being placed in front of me I looked up. Porter walked by and placed a coffee in front of me before continuing straight into his office without even a glance my way. His lips wore a smirk though. He brought me coffee. 

My heart swooned like a lovestruck fool.

        "I have good news" Amber walked up on my blind side and scared the hell out of me. "Well, good news for me anyway" she dropped some folders beside me and looked smug about something. "What's the good news?" I indulged in her announcement. 

"Mr. Porter said I could use that spare office over there as a desk space for now. He says we're too cluttered here sharing a desk together" she held her chin high.

Honestly Amber's been working for Porter for so many years now that I think she deserves a better placement than what she had. I'm too new to want a space of my own. I was content with my little desk just outside Porter's office doors. 

"Congrats Amber, you deserve it" I smiled. For some reason she looked surprised.

        "I thought you were going to get mad that I have a whole office, even though you think you are Porter's favorite" she told me. I snorted at the silliness. "I don't think I'm his favorite, but either way I'd never get mad at someone getting promoted to something better" I corrected her. 

I'm not that kind of person.

"Well...good. I'll be bringing my desk decor" she warned me. She has a plant and some knick knacks that lined the front of the desk. I really didn't mind. "Are you going to start moving things over right now? I'll help you" I offered. 

"I have to go down to the 11th floor right now, but you're more than welcome to move them for me" she seemed pleased.

        "ARIZONA" I heard Porter holler for me. "Opps, duty calls. I'll try to get to it later" I told her before standing up. She rolled her eyes at the sound of him beckoning me. I knocked once and entered the room, to which I saw Porter behind his desk looking at something on his computer.

"Yes Mr. Porter?" I maintained my professionalism, even though I was thinking about him pushing me against a wall. 

"I cannot download the damn file for some reason and I'm about two seconds from throwing this thing across the office. Take a look and spare me from needing a new laptop" he rolled away from his desk and breathed a calming breath. It made me want to laugh.

         "Okay, lemme take a look" I rounded the desk until I was beside him, bending over to look at the screen. I started tinkering with it and in the meantime I felt Porter start to play with the hem of my shirt or lean close enough to my arm that I could feel the feathered caress of his breath on me. I kept swatting him away while trying to hide the smile that was forming. 

The bastard was amused.

I was in a high waisted pair of chic trousers today with my shirt tucked inside and a pair of new heels. Each time he tugged at my shirt he'd mess up the perfect tucking I'd done for my outfit. I swatted him away again and he chuckled. 

"I'm trying to concentrate," I warned him. "Yes, please concentrate, Arizona" the smug bastard answered me.

        "Oh, duh, it's over here. Remember we updated the software. I guess now the downloads drop here" I pointed to the screen. He leaned forward and sucked in his teeth when he realized the answer was right in front of him. I turned toward him, which caused me to lean my backside into his desk, as I stood just to the side of his desk chair.