Chapter 17; A Whisper to the Past - Part 2

I am glad that after almost a week, Flavus has come back to school and seems to be his usual self again. The only thing that hasn't changed is he is still mad at me. It wasn't really my intention to not tell him that I also have the same vision and dreams as his. It's just I am still trying to figure it out so that I could also help him. But knowing Flavus, I knew it would take long before he started talking to me again. 

I looked at my watch to find it was just ten minutes before 9:00 PM. It has been starting to be my usual dismissal these past few days. Maybe because I like to make myself busy and somehow lift my thoughts of those visions and dreams... And also Flavus. 

As  I am tidying mg things up, my phone rings. A call from a number I could not recognize but still, I answered. 

"Hello, is this Mr. Griceo Conrado?" the woman on the other line asked. 

"Yes, speaking."

"Hi sir, good evening," she greeted whit too much enthusiasm. "I'm sorry for calling you this late, but Ms. Follon had recommended you. I am not sure if you're aware that we have our history class field trip tomorrow; unfortunately, Ms. Isabedra, our adviser, injured her legs and cannot join us. So I am wondering if you could join on her behalf ?" She explained. 

"This is tomorrow right?" I asked.

"Yes, sir," she said, sounding hopeful. "We're going to Intramuros with all of the history class," she added. 

"You mean all levels?" the only one that comes to my mind is Flavus. 

"Yes, sir all levels."

"Do you need my answer now?" I asked again since I needed permission from the office.

"Uhm. I think we can wait for your confirmation before 6:00 AM tomorrow," she said. 

"That would be great then, I'll just have to ask for permission from the office," I said. "And could you please send me the list of the students who will join the field trip?"

"Yes sure Sir I'll send you the list. And we're really hoping that you're able to join us tomorrow sir," she said. 

"Yeah, I'll just have to confirm and arrange my schedule in the office," then she hangs up the phone.

Before I reached my dorm, I had already received the list of students joining the trip. I scanned through the list of fourth years, but Flavus' name was not there. 

I let out a contented sigh and walked into the elevator. It also became an unconscious thing to stop and look towards Flavus' door before I went to mine. Hoping that somehow he would come out and finally talk to me. But it still remained close. Maybe he's already sleeping, or he is not there yet.

I slept that night still thinking about how to approach Flavus or how I would be able to explain what was going on regarding the dreams and visions we both were experiencing. 

#

"Mr. Gray!" One of the students greeted me. Based on her voice, she was the one who called me last night. "We're so glad you're able to join sir."

"Yeah, me too," I responded. Even though I didn't sleep well last night, I still managed to wake up early and confirm. "Good thing that the office allowed me. I've never been to Intramuros before, so I am a little excited. By the way, what's your name again?"

"Oh! Yeah, I'm sorry Sir, it was so rude of me not to introduce myself last night. My name is Richelda Lopez the head of the history class." 

"It's okay, Richelda. Nice to meet you," I said. "So, what should I do?" I asked because I didn't see any other staff around, so I think I am the only staff that would join.