prologue

Haitani Rindou for sure had seen her somewhere—the same face, the same shape and color of eyes, and the same soft silky tresses usually tied up in either a bun or a ponytail.  Her voice was something that he could recall hearing as well—the same tone, pitch, and intonation when she would greet or ask him questions such as...

"Welcome to Cozy Corner café, can I get your order?"

"That'll be 5,550 yen in total... thank you for shopping at Don Quijote!"

"The newly released albums of this artist are in front of aisle five!"

Thinking about it, 'somewhere' wasn't the right word for it, since he sees her almost every day and everywhere.

Now, a guy who hasn't worked in a day in his life may have sometimes thought that such occurrences were all because of fate. 

 He was a romantic at heart you see, he had been secretly binging romcoms on Netflix to arrive at this conclusion. Just don't tell his brother that or he'll be teased endlessly.

There were also times that he would think bizarrely and assume that the person that he had been seeing lately was triplets or something.

Because how could a woman younger than him work multiple jobs, maybe working an average of 12 hours a day in different places? It was an absurd thought, more absurd than his fate and triplets theory, he might argue.

But to you, this wasn't the case, and you weren't able to account for that certain rich kid's thoughts because never had he left an imprint in your mind the way that he had of you.

You were always too busy juggling multiple jobs to remember the many people who you would regularly see in the shops that you work in.

You didn't have the time to stay unfocused on your goal. This was all this work was for anyway.

You were going to make enough money to fund your needs and your college fees.

You were going to get that scholarship.

And you were going to college to pursue your dreams of being a professional dancer.

But the sad reality was that your savings weren't enough to enroll in the next semester. Even if you got the scholarship, you were choosing an expensive course, and living in Tokyo was no joke.  This was your predicament until your good friend and roommate had told you about being a housekeeper for a senior she had in university and the pay was big.

For the sake of your dream and to end your endless money-worry days, you accepted.

It was going quite well, until one of your employers, who you didn't meet, came home earlier than expected.

"You're that girl... what are you doing here?"

Then it was the start of when the person who had seen you almost every day and everywhere became your every day, everywhere