f i v e

content warning: 

the chapter below contains themes that might upset readers (i.e. harassment, victim blaming). please read with caution.

(y/n)

You still couldn't believe what your ears had heard from your co-worker— it had been more than 10 hours since your conversation with her, but it still messed up with your head space.

"Makoto, your boyfriend? He says that you two have been going out for quite a while. He posts pictures of you on IG sometimes too. He's weird but you two kinda look cute together," you recalled the words of your co-worker.

Apparently, Makoto Suzuki, your co-worker, had been spreading rumors about you and him dating. And the fact that you and he would often walk together home after your shift at the café made this lie of his believable

Now, if you thought things wouldn't get worse, this creep had an Instagram account with a few stolen pictures of you.

Cute my ass, this is straight-up harassment.

Most of the pictures were of you at the café, some were taken while the both of you walking home together, and there was this one that was taken while you were scared shitless walking to the bus stop after your night shift in the music shop. That would explain the shutter sound you heard that night. 

And it seems like his twenty-plus followers, like your co-workers at the cafe, were all fooled to think that you were his girlfriend.

Seeing such pictures, you started to think that he might have been responsible for making you feel uncomfortable these past few months. Those pair of hair-raising stares following you around everywhere, as well as that disturbing package you received the other day (not to assume but you felt certain that it was him).

Your blood curdled in fear and boiled in anger just by thinking it.

"Fuck you Makoto," you cursed under your breath, slamming the garbage-full bag into the trash can, pretending that it was him.

You were currently on garbage duty in your job at the music shop. Usually, you didn't like taking out the trash but this time you were glad that you were—it helped you let out some steam.

Just when you were too preoccupied with your thoughts to notice your surroundings, someone tapped you on your shoulder. You flinched in surprise, sharply turning your head towards the person. 

Your surprise was quickly replaced with pure rage, seeing an oh-so-familiar face in front of you.

You were about to shout at this person, but he beat you to it.