s e v e n

y/n

Your steps were heavy, dragging on the cold floor of your apartment building. The awful memories of tonight suddenly replayed in your mind—Makoto's sudden ambush in your workplace and how the police had blatantly ignored your report and ended up with them resorting to victim blaming.

The events that you tried so hard to push to the back of your mind came in gushing like violent waves.

These thoughts had halted earlier while you were on that silent bus ride with that purple-eyed guy whom you later guessed that his last name could be Haitani. It was stated on the business card that you only bothered to read after you had entered the apartment premises.

But going back to the events from earlier, you were quite certain that the police had also mentioned that name. Were they that powerful?

"Haitani Law..." You read off the card before returning it to your pocket.

You had your assumptions that the guy belonged to a rich and powerful family. He carried that vibe and had exuded it as what had happened back with the policemen earlier.

Sometime later, you found yourself in front of your door. You breathed in and out a couple of times, collecting yourself before inserting the key into the keyhole.

Tears should not be shed. Keep it in (Y/n). Get it together.

"I-I'm home" your voice cracked you cleared your throat and attempted to speak clearer, "Senju have you eaten?"

"(Y/n)!" your roommate yelled at the other side of the room followed by the sound of her footsteps. "Welcome home..." her perky voice softened as she had seen your face. Her smile turned into a frown. She walked towards you.

"(Y/n)? Are you okay?"

That's right. No matter how hard you try, you can never hide anything from this girl.

Asking you this question for the second time today was the final blow. You managed to keep your tears in earlier, but it had just become difficult for you.

Your eyes glossed and as if a dam had broken, hot fat tears fell down your cheeks. Your chest tightened and your knees weakened causing you to fall to the floor.

Senju kneeled beside you and hugged you tightly, rubbing your back in circles as she patiently listened to your sobs.

You were scared. You were frustrated. Angry. Disgusted. Envious.

Later, when you had already cried your most. Senju helped you to the couch and bought you your blanket and your favorite tub of ice cream. After that, she sat beside you and let you lean on her shoulder while giving you a side hug. She knows how to cheer you up the best.