e i g h t

Author's note: 

it had been a while since I last updated so here's a quick recap

y/n was a former golden child who now strives to get herself into college as she wants to major in dance. she juggles three part-time jobs all while preparing to get a scholarship grant as well as practicing dance during her free time. 

she lives with her best friend senju who later in the story finds a gift addressed to y/n. the gift turns out to contain disgusting items that were the cherry on top of everything creepy that rid of y/n's sense of safety (such as the feeling of being followed and stared at). y/n first suspects a customer from the music shop who confessed that she had seen her almost everywhere but that suspicion later dies down after a couple of events that made him less of a threat to her.

however, the real culprit behind all of this was makoto suzuki, her co-worker who she had tried to respond to his boundary-less friendliness. y/n later finds out that makoto was the one stalking her and to add, he had been spreading false rumors of them dating all while posting unconsented pictures of her online. 

makoto had once harassed her in her working place at night which she had called the police on. coincidentally, the customer from before was also at the music shop and accompanied her until the police arrived. after reporting everything to the police, y/n was faced with discrimination and unpleasant comments from the police. the guy, who turned out to be related to a large law firm, helped her sort out the situation. he was a person that she was both grateful and envious of. 

soon, y/n quit all of her previous jobs and granted makoto the punishment that he deserved. still needing the money, senju helped her get a housekeeping job that pays well. she got the job unknowing of the events that had included Rindou Haitani, the guy who had claimed to see her almost every day and everywhere, the guy who helped her, and showed great concern albeit being still a stranger to her. 

and now we are here~ 

(y/n)

You sat across the youngest Haitani, fiddling your fingers and avoiding those deep purple chromes (which was rather hard to do, to be honest).

Ah, I want the ground to swallow me. Ground, please swallow me.

You had just been discovered dancing in their living room as if it was your studio. To top it off, it wasn't the other Haitani who discovered you (which you imagined being a better scenario) but the Haitani that you ghosted for weeks. 

It was an awkward fact that you had once given him your number and told him to contact you anytime. But when he did, you ignored his texts. 

Of course, you could say that you had some shit to deal with that made you busy but that did not mean that you had no time to text him back.  You were guilty of actively ignoring him and now, he was here in front of you like the ghost of Christmas.