Chapter one

Chapter one

January 9th 2022

Cleveland cavaliers vs Golden state warriors

"Yay did you see that canon? Daddy shot a three pointer and won the game." Ayesha spoke to her son as she cuddled him.

Amayae was sprawled out on the couch typing on her phone. To her manager about how she can't come in.

This was the 3rd time this week she had called in sick.

She had taken annual leave to came over to Sam Fransisco to visit her siblings quite frankly she missed them.

They all lived in different states, Seth in Brooklyn, Amayae North Carolina and Sydel in San Fransisco with Steph and Ayesha.

Due to all their busy schedules the siblings barley got to spend time with each other.

Especially Amayae she was always busy with work being a nurse.

The siblings always nagged her about why she didn't take up sports like them but she ignored them.

Saying she wanted to go in her own career path which was saving lives.

"Why do you keep declining that phone call?" Ayesha questions, she rubs Cannons back as he went on his iPad.

Amayae was a bit stunned and jolted up hiding her phone underneath a pillow.

This just made her more suspicious.

"No reason. Just scammers being scammers." She fabricated trying to play off it off.

But her sister in law, gazed directly into her soul giving her that look that Wardell always gave her when she was younger and did something mischievous.

Wow,the myth really is true the more you spend time with your partner the more you began to look like them.

And right now... Ayesha looked like Steph real bad.

"Amayae."

"What-" Her voice went higher and Ayesha could immediately take in note that she was lying. A bad habit of hers.

"Fine... It's work." Amayae confessed then paused. Ayesha stared at her indicating for her to elaborate to which she did." They want me to come back, since my annual leave is up and I'm not ready."

"Understandable." Ayesha agreed with her." But why not just tell them?"

Amayae sent her a look." Have you met my boss? He doesn't give two fucks if I'm missing my family. He won't let me take more days off work Ayesha."

"Asshole." Ayesha muttered and Amaye hums." Tell me about it."

Suddenly a idea came to Ayesha." Wait! Why don't you just transfer to Zuckerberg?"

Amayae knew what she was talking Zuckerberg was the main hospital of San Fransisco.

It was a great hospital had a trauma centre that Amayae was specifically interested in as that was her speciality.

She was a trauma nurse.

"I'm not not gonna lie to you, the thought has came up but the thought of packing up and moving to a whole new city.

Starting over. It sparks up the anxiety within me." She expressed her tone shaky.

She had extreme anxiety just like Sydel and Ayesha. Her often occurred rarely because she saw therapist to assist with it.

She use to have panic attacks constantly in the middle of streets when she broke up with her Simon.

He usually was the one to calm her down but he's not around anymore.