Chapter seven

Amayae Curry

Amayae Curry

ALL of my siblings were gathered in my mamas house, nevertheless my parents were separated now,  I can tell it took a lot of courage for my father to come back to the place he used to call "home."

He was even avoiding my mama only greeting her when he first came. Which was extremely awkward and forced. Even Klay who wasn't apart of the family could discern that two didn't like each other anymore.

"Can someone please explain why we're all gathered here today? We only come here when it's something serious or it's ma or dad's birthday." Sydel imparted which was true.

The family never came together unless it was a serious occasion. And its the beginning of the year, no one has their birthday yet from what I could recall.

It went quiet and all I could feel was Stephs hard gaze on me. It made me shy away behind Klay who was eating the apple pie my mama her baker earlier.

This man stay eating.

"Yeah Amayae, why don't you inform us on why we all gathered here today." He crossed his arms bitterly and now it was prominent that he was pissed.

"I got arrested." I confessed sheepishly and the house was filled with different reactions. Gasps , and curses.

My father was the first one to jump on my behind.

"How on earth did you manage to get yourself into this one?" He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Well first of all, he was touching me.

"Who's he?—" Mama interjected.

"This patient of mine. And I was already sensing something off about he was a racist so this just stirred the pot more.

And then he goes tells me that he killed those black children in Milwaukee. I just reacted out of anger and began fighting him.

Of course they managed to pull me off, but I was still heated and then shocking enough he goes into cardio arrest and dies. That's why I got arrested." I finished explained and everyone was silent.

"And Klay?" Everyone turns to look at Klay who raised his hands in surrender.

"I'm innocent."

"He is." I backed him up." I didn't have access to my phone and he was the only number that I had remembered off by heart.

So don't attack him, I also asked him to not tell you guys but Steph find out."

"Why hide it from us Amayae?" Sydel frowned at me.

"Because. I didn't want to disappoint you guys, the last thing the media needs to hear about is the curry's third child Amayae curry was arrested over assault." I told them and they sigh.

"Forgive me father, but I don't give a fuck." Steph finally spoke up and he came towards me." I'm your big brother Amayae, when something like this happens you're meant to come to me.

I don't give a damn if this ruins our reputation. You're a curry and we'll always stick by you." Steph vouched and he brought me into a brotherly hug.

I hugged him back allowing myself to cry, soon Sydel then Seth joined in on the hug.

"He's right." Seth added in as he pecked my forehead.

"You're our sister." Sydel says and I smile at her.

It was moments like this that made me realise how lucky I was to have a family that cared about me so much.

Other times I felt like the  black sheep because my siblings were out there and I was just here.

"Did they drop the charges? Because if not I won't mind having a chat with sheriff." My mother cracked her knuckles and we chuckled at her protectiveness.

"They did. Since he's not alive anymore he can't press charges."

We then proceeded to all talk and catch up when Ayesha suddenly pulled me into one of the rooms.

"What's wrong? You're pregnant again oh man I'm so excited!" I cheered but Ayesha quickly shut that accusation down.

"Huh no! We're not having kids again any time soon so you can calm me down with that." She chuckles and I frown." Damn."

"Then what did you wanna ask?"

"About your job, did they fire you?"

I shook my head." Nope. But they were willing to throw me under the bus, to save the hospital."

"No way! I don't even know why you're still there I would've done left already." She scoffed.

"Oh don't worry I am. That was the last straw."

"Then where are you gonna work?" She says confused.

"Well they gave me a job offer as a position as a trauma nurse in San Fransisco." I shrugged simply pretending it wasn't a big deal.

Suddenly Ayesha was screaming and we both were jumping around in joy.

"Oh word? You gonna take it cause you'd be a mad woman not to."

"I haven't decided..."

Ayesha's face drops and so does our laces hands." Oh..."

"It's not that I don't want—But is it worth coming to a whole new city, having to prove myself to the doctors there. It's hard."

"I agree." She nods." But miracles like this only happen in once in a life time. So this is gods doing. This is a sign that something huge is going to happen for you Amayae.

Something huge is installed for you in San Fransisco but we can't find out unless you move there."

"Damn you a prophetess Ayesha?" I taunt and she smiles.

"Maybe. But that's all up to you on what you decide." She

"I'll think about it."

The rest of the day was just filled with the family reuniting. But I couldn't but ponder on what Ayesha was saying.

Was she just playing nonsense games  or was there a hidden messages behind her words.

I'm not sure but I can't wait to see what's installed.

-
Whew this was one hell of a chapter to write because Amayae moving to San Fransisco? How do you think Klays finna feel about this?

I hope you guys enjoyed!